Chapter Three

I woke up the next day with the sun on my face. I didn't even remember being sleepy. I squinted and tried to roll of my bed. Why was my pillow so hard all of a sudden? Turns out, I wasn't in bed; I had fallen asleep right at my desk. When I lifted my head there was drool all over the side of my face and on my book.

"Yeah, you’re real attractive Alex." I said to myself. I turned and looked over at Dylan who was still in the same position I left him in. Just as I was about to wake him I heard my mom downstairs.

"ALEXIS JUDITH LANCHESTER!" I cringed at the sound of my full name. "YOU HAVE THIRTY MINUTES TO GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE OR YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" The entire street had probably heard her.

I got up and stumbled over to much closet and pulled out some clothes. "Dylan, get up." I said loud enough for him to hear. He still hadn't moved. This guy would probably sleep through an earthquake. "Dylan!" I said a little louder. Still, nothing. "Shit, Dylan! Get up." I kicked him and he jumped up swinging. I stepped back, avoiding his swinging hand and made my way to the bathroom.

When I got out the bathroom Dylan was no longer on the ground. Where was he? He was fast asleep on my bed. You'd think he stayed up all night studying or something. "Dylan, get up." I said poking him causing him to stir a little. He had his back to me. I poked him harder this time. "Dylan!" He turned over and looked at me.

"Alex, what---"

"OH MY GOD!! Cover it up Dylan. Ew, ew, ew. Shit, make it go down." He looked confused before he looked down and saw what I was talking about.

"Oh shit." He said rolling off the bed and hurrying off into the bathroom.

*** 

"That took long enough mister." My mom was frowning at Dylan as he sat down at the table.

"I overslept sorry." He immediately started digging into his pancakes.

"Overslept huh? I hope you weren't masturbating in that shower." Dylan choked on his food and I spat out my orange juice.

"Mom!! Could you not? God, some of us are trying to eat." My mom looked at me like she hadn't said a thing wrong.

"Alexis, it’s natural for him to want to... you know... massage down there,"

"Oh dear sweet baby Jesus." I heard Dylan mutter. But my mom just continued as if she wasn't even disrupted.

"I just don't want him doing it in house."

"Alex, weren't we supposed to have that test extra early today?"

"Yeah, oh right! We should go. Bye mom!" I give her a quick kiss and left the house. When I got in the car Dylan turned to me.

"Every time I think that woman can't get anymore weirder she manages to find a way to do so."

"Were you masturbating in my shower Dylan? I swear to God if you were..."

"Don't worry I was thinking of you the whole time."

"You are such a guy, you know that?"

 "Well you did see proof this morning so I can't argue with you there." Dylan said as he pulled out my driveway and headed to school. 

***

"You promised we could talk now." I looked up from my book to see Dylan slide in the seat across from me.

"Talk about what?" Dylan rolled his eyes at me.

"About Ashley."

"You know every time you roll your eyes you lose a piece of your masculinity?"

"Alex, can you please be serious? This is important to me."

"Fine," I sighed. "Let's hear it."

"Well you know I've had a thing for her since last year. What's strange is that I wasn't planning to fall for her cause he used to be a bitch."

"She still is a bitch."

"Whatever, well now she's the bitch that that I'm madly in love with. And she's talking to me now; quite a lot actually."

"Wait, you guys talk now? When were you planning on telling me this?"

"Well, I'm telling you now aren't I? And not like talk as in face to face."

"So you've been texting?"

"Hey! Would you let me tell the story?" I raised my hand indicating I was surrendering. "Thanks. To answer your question; no, we haven't been texting, just talking online and stuff. "

"Who started the conversation?"

"Alex, you're funny. I can't even talk to her..."

"Don't tell me you're also a shy little virgin behind the computer screen too."

"I'm not a virgin."

"I know, I got every nasty detail. I choose not to remember that. Anyway, what did she say? You know, if it was school work then that doesn't count."

"Well the first conversation doesn't count. But she has started all our conversations because when it comes to her my balls disappear."

"What. Do. You. Talk. About?"

"Oh, right, right. Everything basically, that's how I know she's a good girl. That's why I stuck up for her yesterday. She's just misunderstood."

"So what exactly is your question?"

"Do you think she likes me?"

"Honestly, I don't know." and really, I didn't. The last thing I wanted to do was give Dylan false hope. As much as I loved him, his happiness was far more important.

"Why don't you try talking to her? As in start a conversation with her. See how she reacts and go on from there."

"Cool, thanks, I'll do that tonight."

"She's over there. Do it now."

"What?! Do you want to see me die?"

 "Dylan, just relax and go do it. Look, her clip is falling out her hair. Just go over, fix it and say hello. That’s all." Dylan nodded and got up.

"I owe you my heart." he said before moving off.

"You don't say." I said when he was out of ear shot. I closed my book and focused on Dylan. I found myself crossing my fingers under the table. God knows if I wanted him to mess up or to succeed.

He stepped behind her without her even noticing and ever so slowly fastened the clip in her hair. She froze when he touched her and turned around and smiled at him when he was done. So far, so good. I saw his mouth start moving and his face got red.

"Oh God, Dylan, please don't mess this up with your mouth." I whined.