Chapter Twelve

“You look nice.” Caleb said as we walked down the porch steps.

“Thanks.” I blushed.

“Look at your toes!” I immediately looked down at them.

“What?” I asked, suddenly nervous and he laughed.

“Nothing, it’s just that I’ve never seen them before because you’re always in sneakers. Your hair looks nice too.” He smiled and I ran to the side of the house.

“Where are you going?” Caleb asked following me.

“Dylan!” I called and his head popped out the window.

“What?” he asked.

“He says he likes my hair so you can lick my balls!” Caleb burst out laughing and Dylan glared at me.

“I still think my idea would’ve been sexier though. Caleb you have me to thank; I choose that outfit.”

“Why, thank you good sir. No if you’ll excuse us; I have to get to my game.” I waved at him.

“I’ll text you later fart face.” I said as we headed to Caleb’s truck.

“Your friendship with him is too cute.” Caleb said starting the car and driving off.

“He’s a pain in my ass but I love him.” He nodded. “You seem to be really close with his dad as well.” I nodded.

“My sperm donor bailed when he knocked up my mom. His dad was the only father I’ve known. And since he also wanted Dylan to be a girl; I'm like the daughter he never had.”

“That’s really cute.” He said.

“So, you ready for your game?”

“I'm always ready. I am, however, a bit nervous.” He said without taking his eyes from the road.

“Why?”

“I’ve been doing a great job impressing you so far. If I mess up today, it all goes south for me.” I laughed.

“Really? You think you’ve been doing a great job impressing me?”

“Well, yeah. Haven’t I?” I shrugged. “I dunno, have you?” I asked as we were pulling into his school’s parking lot.

As we were walking into the school he threw his hands around my shoulder and my heart skipped a beat. “I think I have been doing a good job impressing you. I mean, with all those stuff Dylan has been telling me. Plus your mom sent me muffins.”

“What does my mom sending you muffins have to do with this?”

“She obviously sent those after you were singing my praises.” He said as we walked into the pool room. I scanned the room mentally deciding where I would sit.

“You’re sitting right in front.” He said as if he’d read my mind. “I'm gonna go get changed. Don’t forget we’re gonna go out after right.” I nodded and showed him.

“Go, they’re probably waiting on you. Good luck.”

Even though I never really followed volleyball, I caught on really quick. And soon enough I was on my feet cheering on the home team. Apparently Caleb was the star player and soon enough the pool house was filled with ‘Go Caleb! Go Caleb! Go Caleb GO!’ cheers.

Volleyball turned out to be a pretty badass sport and I enjoyed every second of it. Caleb’s team crushed the visiting team and the celebration noise was deafening.

When the game was over Caleb climbed out the pool and walked over to me. “How’d you like it?” He asked smiling at me.

I had to try focus on his eyes and not the water that was dripping down his glorious body. “It was so awesome I could hug you! But I won’t, because you’re all wet.”