Chapter Six

I got home and helped my mother with her ritual weekend cleanup. When we were done I cleaned my room and went for a bath. I lazed around for the rest of the day, as any normal teenager would. Later that afternoon I was lying on my bed when ‘I'm sexy and I know it...’ Dylan had changed his ringtone again.

"Hey fart face!" I said when I answered. "You fricking ass."

"Oh, my mom bought some movies today. We could watch them while we work. What time are you coming over?"

"That's why I called actually."

"What's wrong?"

"Change of plans."

"You want me to come over instead?"

"Uh, no, not really?"

"I'm not following. We always hang out Saturday nights. Homework or not."

"Okay, don't get mad. Ashley is coming over."

"Why would I get mad?" I asked stiffly. "You sound mad." I breathed heavily. "Dylan, why would I be mad?"

"Because you hate her."

"Cause she's a bitch. But you like her, so why would I be mad? Why is she coming over?"

"I'm helping her with Math."

"She gets an A in Math Dylan."

"Oh. Well, she's helping me in math."

"You also get an A in Math. What's really going on?"

"Okay, okay, fine, I'll tell you. She just wants someone to talk to."

"And she chose you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked angrily.

"Hey, don't get your panties in a twist. I just mean she has a whole school of fish that follows her around. Oh, and she has a boyfriend. I'm just wondering why she left all of them to talk to you."

"She broke up with Scott." He said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, shit." I said, that meant she was free for him to date now.

"I know and I feel bad for her."

"What? Oh, yeah, sure, I feel bad for her too."

"So, she's going to come over and I'll try to make her feel better."

"Do you have condoms?"

"What?"

"You said you were going to make her feel better. And you always say you're a sex God. I just assumed you were gonna use your wand to make her feel better."

"Fuck you."

"I love you too Dylan." I laughed. "So, you nervous?"

"Why would I be?"

"I dunno, you've had a crush on her for over a year now. Not to forget you kinda turn into a sponge whenever he's around. It's kinda cute how nervous you get."

"You think I'm cute." No, I think you're hot. "You know what I meant.”

"I know what you meant Alex, get the stick out of your ass."

"So, you're gonna come tomorrow then? You could sleep over and we'll go to school together."

"No, that can't work either."

"Self proclaimed sex God say what?"

"Well, she wants to get back together with Scott so she's having this party at her place. It's kinda like a pool party and you're gonna be tagging along with me. Don't worry I asked and she said you could come."