1st April, 2014

Alex sat in the belchers replaying the scene she’d seen earlier. She didn’t know how to feel or what she was even feeling. At times she was pissed, then she felt sad, then she felt rage, then she was happy, then she wanted to cry, then she felt relieved. But most of all, she just wanted to smash Ashley’s head against a wall, or hit her 8465085 times over the head with a sledge hammer. Earlier that day she was on her way to the bathroom and she saw it all...

“God, Dylan. You’re just really making this harder than it has to be.” Ashley whined glancing around to see if anyone was paying attention to her.

“I just don’t get why you’re doing this. I though, I tho-” Dylan stopped because he didn’t even know what he thought. Ever since Alex had told him that Ashley was using him he knew. He just knew in the pit of his stomach that she was telling the trust but he just didn’t want to believe it. He didn’t want to believe that the girl he was after for almost two years was using him just so she could get back with her ex. He didn’t want to believe it. And he even stopped believing it for a while because Ashley had convinced him that she was not that kind of girl and they had such a good time at the Ed Sheeran concert.

“You bitch. I took those tickets from her. She loved him, you know.” Dylan said as he ran his hands through his hair. He wasn’t even upset about the breakup; he was expecting that to come at some point. What shook him to his core was the fact that Alex was actually right and he’d chosen some random chick (bitch or not, Ashley was still hot as balls) over the girl he knew for twelve years.

“Actually Dylan; you were the one who took the tickets from her. But, hey, it wasn’t that bad. I think I actually helped you.”

“What?”

“I mean, the two of you were really pathetic together. Do you know what people used to say about you guys? I mean: you should be thanking me. I saved you.”

“Fuck you.” Dylan bit out. This was the first time he legitly wanted to hit someone of the opposite sex. Ashley was a true bitch but he was too blinded by... he won’t even say love because he didn’t love Ashley. He was blinded by her beauty and the attention she gave him to see who she really was.

“I made this the best few months of your life Dylan. You’re welcome.”

“She’s my best friend Ashley. You can't just do that to a person.”

“She was your best friend. She hasn’t talked to you in ages. Well, that was also your fault but who’s counting right?”

“I can’t believe I even liked you.” Dylan said through his teeth. He can't believe he chose her Alex. The pathetic thing was that now, not only had he lost his girlfriend, he he’d also lost his best friend.

“I can't believe I dragged this out so long. Look, I’d love to stay and chat but I have stuff to do.”

“So... was ruining two lives worth it Ashley? Is Scott going to take you back?” Dylan called as she walked away. Ashley stopped in her tracks and turned around to walk back to Dylan; her heels making an annoying sound as they hit the cheap tile of the school floor.

“Dylan, babe, they always come back. I'm Ashley Greene. They always come back.”

Dylan smirked and rose an eyebrow at her. “Well babe, I’ve got some news for you.” He closed the distance between her. She was not going to get the last say and if he could, he was going to make her crumble.

“Is that so?” She asked looking up at him and batting her eyelashes. If she’d done that one month earlier, hell, if she’d done it this morning he would’ve melted but things could change in the blink of an eye.