Chapter Seven

Dylan's POV

I felt really bad for leaving Alex like that but in my defence she said it was okay. I looked over and saw here sitting talking to this really good looking guy. And with the way he was looking at her, I could tell that he was really into her. But who could blame him? It was Alexis Lanchester. I don't think she realized how pretty she was. I mean she wore jeans and sneakers and she still looked awesome. If she was more of an Ashley kind of girl, the guys would be all over her.

"Hey, Ashley, who's that guy over there?" She squinted in the direction I was pointing.

"You mean the guy with Alexis?" I nodded. "Oh, that's no one." She shrugged.

"But what's his name?"

"Why do you care so much?" I scoffed.

"I don't care; I just want to know who's the guy that's hitting on my best friend."

"His name is Caleb, uh, something. I don't know. He goes to the private school and uh, oh, he's the captain of their volleyball team. He's really hot actually. His only flaw is that he thinks I'm a bitch. I don't know where people get that idea. Do you think I'm a bitch Dylan?" She looked up at me and smiled.

"No, I think you're misunderstood. You're actually a really good person, to your friends."

"You know, you're a really cool guy Dylan. Why do you even hang out with Alexis?"

"Well, she's my best friend. She was literally the first person to talk to me when I move here twelve years ago from Boston."

"So, do you, like feel you have to be her friend because she was the only one to talk to you when you moved here

"No, not really. She's just really cool."

"I don't see it."

"You really don't have to." She smiled; completely missing my sarcasm. "I know. It's one of the joys of being Ashley Green. I don't have to give a shit about anyone but myself." She looked around.

"Did you see Scott anywhere?"

"No, I don't think he came as yet." She nodded, her smile disappearing from her face.

"You know Ashley, you deserve someone that's gonna treat you a whole lot better than Scot does. A girl as pretty as you don't deserve to be crying." She looked up at me.

"I'm guessing you think you're the guy?" I stepped closer to her.

"You'll never know if you don't try." She smiled nervously but she didn't move from her position.

"Dylan, I don't date nerds." She was breathing hard.

"But I'm not a nerd Ashley; I get a bunch of B's."

"Still, you're like, a nobody. Everybody knows me." I seriously didn't know where this was coming from. I only had like three drinks.

"You know me. And you're the most popular girl in school. That must count for something right?" I stopped in front her.

"While all that might be true, I don't like you like that." I smirked at her.

"Really, is that so? You don't like me like that?" She shook her head.

"Then why are you breathing so hard?" I whispered and placed my hand over her heart. "And why is your heart racing?" She blinked three times and swallowed hard; I couldn't believe I was doing this to Ashley Green.

"It always does that." I brushed my thumb across her cheek and she sucked in a breath. I brought her face to mine and kissed her slowly. It took a few seconds for her to respond, but when she did, it was exactly how I imagined it would be; a rush of hormones and sexual tension. I pulled away and looked down at her. She still had her eyes closed and I smirked, feeling very happy with myself.