Chapter Ten

Dylan's POV

When we sat at the table Alex was on her phone. From the look on her face I could tell she was talking to him again. I don't know why I was so upset about it. I had Ashley and she was just like I had imagined and so much more. So why was I dead jealous of this Caleb guy? I was jealous because he was taking up all here time.

We didn't get to hang out like we used to. Not even once since Sunday. But that could be Ashley's fault. She wanted to hang out all the time. Don't get me wrong; I loved it but I missed just lazing around Alex's room doing absolutely nothing. She said Ashley hated her but I didn't see it. I just think both girls were jealous and fighting for my attention. But didn't Alex know she didn't even have to try? She's had my attention since I used to wear Power Rangers underwear. She didn't have to try, or dress up or do anything out of the way to grab my attention because she already had it.

"Hello love birds." She said when she hung up.

"What are you trying to say?" Ashley asked harshly.

Alex raised an eyebrow at her. "Uh, just hello love birds."

"Ashley, just leave it. She's trying to be nice."

"I don't think it's in her. Her head might blow off." I laughed nervously.

"Uh, Alex, how about we hang out tomorrow? Just the two of us."

Ashley hit me on my shoulder. "Dylan." She whined.

"Actually, tomorrow I'm gonna a watch Caleb play volleyball." Alex spoke agin looking down at her phone screen. 

"Good, cause we were supposed to hang out at the mall with the guys." I frowned and looked at Ashley.

"Hang out at the mall? Seriously?"

"Dylan, you're with me now, we do what all the cool kids do; hang out at the mall."

"Aren't we going to the mall today?"

"Yeah, so?"

"Nothing. Ashley, I can't wait." My phone vibrated and I saw a text from Alex.

 ~ Sucker  ~

I didn't reply to the message; instead I kicked her under the table. After all, it's what best friends are for? I spent the rest of lunch listening to Ashley and Alex bicker between each other. It was quite fun actually; having two girls constantly fight for your attention. "Dylan, did you hear what I said?" Ashley asked.

"Huh?"

"I was saying... for my Halloween party we could go as Mickie and Minnie."

"What? No way in hell." She pouted at me.

"Why? They're cute."

"I don't have the body of Mickie Mouse. I have more of a thor body."

"Thor? We need matching costumes. And they should be awesome."

"Oh, we could go as that couple from Frozen. I'm gonna go as that Chris guy; since I'm ruggedly handsome and all."

"Fine. Hey, Alexis, are you and Caleb gonna be at my Halloween party?"

"It's February."

"Look, no one keeps a Halloween party in February. I'm going to be setting a new trend. So, are you gonna come?"

She shrugged. "Am I invited?"

Ashely rolled her eyes. "Yes you are. You're Dylan's best friend. Dylan is my boyfriend so I'll try coexist with your nerdy ass."