Chapter Thirteen

‘Baby when they look up at the sky...’

Who was calling at this hour? I thought as aI rolled over and answered my phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey girlfriend!”

I smiled at the sound of his voice then it hit me; I had a boyfriend. I was no longer, as Ryan put it ‘bitterly single’. Suck on that you colossal asshole.

“Morning you. Why do you insist on calling me all these ungodly hours of the morning?”

“It 10:35.” I groaned and rolled over. “

But it’s also Sunday.”

“What do you have planned for today?”

“Nothing. I was supposed to hang with Dylan but he’s got plans. So I’ll probably end up studying later today.”

“How about we meet at the library and study?”

“Will we get any work done?” I said smirking into the phone.

“We have to. How good are you at Chemistry?” I shrugged.

“I get an A.”

“Perfect, I suck at it. You’re gonna help me. We’ll meet there at four and work till the library closes then we’ll go right home cause my dad is being an ass.” I laughed.

“Sure thing, I’ll see you then. Laters.”

“Bye.” He said then hung up.

I felt giddy all day. I mean, I had a boyfriend. And I know, it wasn't for long but who the hell cares? I had someone who won't just want me around when they got free time from their bitch of a girlfriend. I had someone who called and texted me in the morning. I had someone who really liked me and who was alos a helluva kisser.

I had someone who made me believe I could get over Dylan.

****

When I pulled into the parking lot of the library; Caleb's truck was already there. I walked in and looked around for him. I spotted him sitting at a table towards the back. "Hey, you." I said walking up to the table.

"You're late." Caleb said as I sat down. I smiled at him.

"Relax dude. It's only five minutes. So what do you need help with?"

"Uh, everything?" I stared at him and he shrugged.

"I'm sorry, I just don't get it."

"So, I have to start from the literal beginning?" He smiled and shook his head.

"No, not the literal beginning. Everything is a blur from physical chemistry." I nodded.

"Oh good, thermodynamics that should be easy enough."

"What I don't get is when am I gonna use this in my life?"

"In about two months to pass finals. That's when you're gonna use it. So, let's get started."

"Don't I even get a kiss?" He said wiggling his eyebrows at me. I smirked at him.

"I don't make out with the guys I tutor. Now let's get started. You said yourself we don't have much time."

Two hours later we had made some progress but I was getting tired.

"Can we take a break?" I whined causing Caleb to laugh.

"The teacher wants to take a break? Am I that hard a student?" I smiled at him.

"I can't concentrate anymore. I think we've covered enough for today though." He nodded and put his pen down. "Yeah we did and I actually understand some of these things now. So thank you."