Chapter 15: //La La\\

M i k e y 

I'm glad it's almost New Years, meaning 2016 is coming real soon. A new year, a new beginning right? 

I let out a sigh, allowing me to see my own breath in the cold. Whilst everyone else was setting up the dinner I sat on my porch under the roof just well, thinking. The only good thing probably is the coffee I made on the table on my left, as well as the fact that I luckily had Imagine Dragons play.

How boring my life is now with Bean There in it lately. I miss working to be honest. From wiping the counters, making the coffee, adding cute little designs with the creamer on the surface, and working the register. But I can't deny that I miss Charlotte, no matter what my brain is wired to think of her almost 24/7. Sad how addicted you can be to someone who doesn't share the same feelings for you. It makes you feel pathetic and weak that you can allow someone to make you feel this.

But who ever said that love was easy? God that sounded much cooler in my head, but when am I ever cool? Heck, I'm Mikey Fusco for Christ sakes!

My phone vibrated causing the music to pause for a small period of time before continuing. I checked to see that I got a text from Charlotte.

-

6:54 PM

to: mikey the beanster :)

happy christmas eve

-

6:55 PM

to: mikey the beanster :)

i miss you .

-

6:55 PM

to: mikey the beanster :)

pls talk to me . im sorry for hurting you .

-

6:56 PM

to: mikey the beanster :)

i know why you're mad at me michael .

I didn't realize I was holding my breath til after I read that last text. She knows why? Who are you kidding, why would she know? Why would she care after you pushed her away my mind hissed causing me to feel guilty. Why is it that almost everyone's problems is this? How come we can't just confess why we're feeling broken? That's what I always wanted to know growing up every year til I finally got the answer this year: because we're afraid. We're afraid of being judged to feel hurt. But that's stupid. We're humans. We're made to feel the pain to know that we're still alive, that everyday is a new day; to try to let us let go.

But I can't let go of the image of her kissing him. How I wanted to feel those soft, pale pink lips of hers before he ever did in his lifetime, but I guess it's useless now right? I wanted to be first in something that Ethan Cook isn't, and in this case it's to have Charlotte Morales' love. I should've seen this coming. I mean, everyone agreed that they'd end up together one day, they've been best friends since childhood and since life is such a cliché story, it was bound to happen. There's never been a cliché story about how the girl falls for the guy working at a coffee shop, well, not that I had heard of anyway. It's always been how the best friends fall for each other, and this is no different scenario.