Prologue

On the thirteenth of September last year, fifteen year old Mikey Fusco had his first day of work ahead of him after school. He was the busboy, wiping the wooden tables clean til they were spotless, washing and drying the ceramic mugs and pots, but despite being busy he noticed the quiet girl in the corner of the room near the window.

Fifteen year old Charlotte Morales noticed the change of the shop that has happened since the last year. The maroon walls were now a calming turqouise color, the wooden tables were now no longer the same mahogany color, the white lanterns hanging from the ceiling, and new faces. Charlotte loathes changes, she despises it. She missed the old workers like thirty year old Margret who always asked her about her day, or twenty six year old Kent who was working to support him and his pregnant girlfriend, or even eighteen year old Hope who's habit of wearing bright coral lipstick and snapping her gum. But she soon grows fond of the chocolate eyed boy who's smile makes her face flush.

But what she doesn't know is his hidden attempts to speak to her. His best friends cheesy suggestions aren't what he wants and he can't seem to have the confidence to do so.

Though what Mikey doesn't know is that his efforts are useless since they met on that one particular afternoon when he spilled coffee on her leaving coffee stains on her white knit crop top. Coffee stains were their thing.