Chapter 10: //Jersey\\

M i k e y 

After Thanksgiving I grew closer to Charlotte, not just at Bean There but in school as well. We acknowledge each other more, and she invites me to sit with her at lunch to eat with her friends. Of course I decline her offer everytime, and I don't know why. Maybe because I'm afraid of them judging me; some outcast hanging with their perfect friend.

"Are you sure you don't want to eat lunch with us?" Charlotte asked as she leaned against the locker next to mine as she watched me put away my textbooks.

I chuckled, "I think I'm good Lottie." Over the time I noticed how people only call her by her first name or Charlie—a common nickname for the name Charlotte. So when I confronted her about it she told me that I have special permission to give her a nickname just for me to use, and you can imagine how honored I felt when she gave me that permission.

She pouted her lips at me, "aw c'mon Mikey, just this one time? I promise Ethan, Isaac, and Nina don't bite."

Ah, right. The rest of her 'best friends'. There's Ethan, as I told you who's an excellent athlete, Isaac who's a magnificent lady charmer and flirts with any girl that has a pulse, and Nina who's our Student Body Vice President and Captain of The Decathalon Team. Then there's perfect little Charlotte Morales; Captain of the Volleyball team—okay, so maybe I am just like other guys, but you can't expect me to not get excited when she told me—President of the Book Club, and a guitar teacher at school. She's lucky she was never bullied because despite all those geeky hobbies of her—I personally found them adorable—she was always perfect in everyone's eyes, and I mean everyone's. She was one of those people at school that everyone wanted to befriended.

"Nah, I'm good," I told her as I closed my locker and faced her, "I promised Quinn I'd help her go over the notes in History," Lie, total lie. God, I just lied to Charlotte, I am officially a horrible human being, "and besides, you'll do fine."

She scowled, but not at me, "that's easy for you to say. You don't have to sit through Isaac with a slut on his lap as they swap spit, or listen to Ethan about lacrosse, or Nina about plans for the winter formal."

The Winter Formal. Truth be told I've been dying to try to find someway to ask Charlotte to be my date for that, but of course my anxiety overcomes any chance I have with someone like Charlotte Morales. I bet she'll look beautiful under those white Christmas lights.

"Charlie! There you are!" I winced at the sound of Nina's voice that was so loud that I'm pretty sure everyone in the hallway heard her.

She panted once she stood next to Charlotte, but not before recognizing my prescence, "oh, hey Marcus," and there it is again, "Charlie, we need you at lunch, I need your opinion on what color balloons we should get!"

And that my friends, is how Charlotte was dragged across the halls by Nina, the perkiest person you'll ever meet. Believe me, I am not exaggerating.

By the time I got to lunch all of my friends were there, includng Lea as well. I sighed once I sat down causing Quinn to frown at me, "okay party pooper, I'm guessing you chickened out on asking her?"

"Yeah."

"Dude, just grow a pair!" Madison exclaimed.

Sarah made a face before lowering her voice and mocked Madison, "Dude, just grow a pair!" 

"Just ask her, don't make a big gesture because Charlotte seems to be the type to hate that," Lea instructed.

Jason rolled his eyes, "no, get her fifty roses and ask her while having Maroon 5 play in the background."

"Isn't that what you did to ask Jenna Ann last year for the Winter Formal but she rejected you?" Quinn snickered.

A horrible blush came across his face as Jason muttered curses under his breath about Quinn's existence.

"You're right, I should just ask her," I said confidently as I shot up from my seat and made my way to Lottie's table which is across the cafeteria.

But halfway there I froze. Every ounce of confidence I had was drained. The hair on the back of my neck stood out, my eyes stinged with pain at the sight, and the lump in my throat was suddenly harder to swallow. Not emotions in the world could describe how I felt in this situation.

I don't know what I wanted to do. Whether to cry out in pain, to yell or punch Ethan in the face, shout at Charlotte for lying til I lose my voice, or just run away like I never saw what happened. The last option seemed like a good idea right now.

I mean, what would you do if you saw a girl you had a crush on, kissing a guy you had no chance with?

Yes.

Charlotte is indeed kissing Ethan. And here I am, watching it.

i feel so bad for mikey rn like srs bro why would you do that? wait, that was me xD

the song is chosen bc it's settled in nj :) and it describes how mikey feels!

anyway ethan is played by lucas till :)

much love guys.

~IaMmE_Chick

x