24- I Hate This (part two)

(Charlie's outfit after she changed.) ->

The next morning I woke up to find Charlie staring at me smiling.

“It’s not polite to stare.” I grumbled and pulled a pillow over my head.

Her giggle filled the room. “It is if your mate looks absolutely adorable when he sleeps.” She said pulling the pillow off my face. “I can’t believe I actually woke up with you next to me this morning.”

“Well this was our last morning until you know what and I want to make it last as long as I can.” I whispered to her. She looked at me and I saw tears begin to form in her eyes.

“Sh sh sh sh… baby it’s going to be ok. You can’t cry for me you have to be strong alright?”

She shook her head and sniffled her nose. “Yeah. You’re right Ryder. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be sorry princess. It kills me to leave you here without me by your side.”

“I just can’t stand the thought of something happening to you. I hate this.”

“Nothing is going to happen. I promise!”

“Don’t make promises you can’t keep.” She says as her watery eyes glisten.

“I don’t ever go back on my word ever! And I am giving you my word. Understand?”

“Bu-“

“No Charlie! Do you understand?”

“Yes Ryder.”

“Good girl. I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.”

I gave her a small smile. “Give me a kiss.” She leaned her head up towards me and attached our lips.

She pulled away not long after though. “I’m going to take a shower.”

“Okay. I’ll meet you downstairs.” I heard her give me a faint ok as she got out of bed. I sighed and got up putting on a pair of jeans and a lame t-shirt Charlie got me from the bookstore. It is a faded dark blue color and it says ‘wolf shirts are awesome!’ on it. When she gave it to me I told her it was the cheesiest shirt in the world, but that I loved it since it came from her. Charlie thought the whole concept of the shirt was hilarious and that as soon as she saw it she thought of me and said she had to get it for me. It makes me happy that she thinks about me like that all of the time, and if it means that I have to come home to her giving me some lame gift everyday then so be it! I chuckled to myself thinking about that day.

“Hey Ryder what would like for breakfast?” I heard Bridget ask me, snapping me out of my thoughts. I didn’t even realize I made my way to the kitchen.

“Anything is fine Bridget.” I smiled at her.

“I will get right on it. Is Charlie on her way down?”

“Yeah, she’ll be down when she gets out of the shower.”

“Okay. I’ll need all the help I can get.”

I chuckled at her. “Yeah you will.”

I made my way to my office and saw Ares standing outside of it waiting for me.

“Good morning Ares.” I said with a straight face.

“Morning Alpha Ryder.” He said with the same face. “Ryder, I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night and ask for your forgiveness. It was highly inappropriate and I can assure you it will not happen again.”