21- Let Me Explain

I can not believe he is doing this! He is making me very angry, innocent people could die from this! I don’t like it! I don’t like it at all! We are peaceful loving creatures not monsters, but I guess for some out there, they let the power go to their heads and think they can run shit. I hope that this war is for male wolves only and for women who want to fight. I don’t want little children to be getting hurt or their mothers who can’t defend them. That would be extremely wrong!

I laid there in our bed just thinking and trying to find ways to calm myself down. I heard the door squeak open but I didn’t look up I already knew who it was.

“Baby?” Ryder questioned.

“Yes.” I said still looking up at the top of our canopy bed.

“Don’t be angry with me. I didn’t ask for it. Just let me explain.” He said walking over to the bed hovering over me. I still wouldn’t look him in the eyes.

“I know you didn’t Ryder, and go ahead.”

“Look at me.” He demanded. I fought the urge but eventually gave in and looked up at him.

“If I were you I wouldn’t even worry about it. You know we are the strongest pack in the US and that’s not even counting your moms pack.”

“Actually I didn’t know that.” And that information made my worries ease just a little bit more.

“Well there you go something less to worry about. Plus I just got off the phone with the strongest pack in England, they are flying in soon and the Alpha is a real good friend of mine.”

“Really?” I asked getting a little more hopeful.

“Yes, so baby please don’t worry about it we will handle this.” I sat up and wrapped my arms around him burying my face in his neck.

“It’s you I’m worried about.” I whispered.

He growled. “Don’t worry about me. I am Alpha for a reason! I’m going to tell you what’s going to happen. We are going to go up there, have the war, win, then I am going to come back home and you are going to be waiting for me. Understand?”

“But Ry-”

“No! Do you understand me?”

“Yes Ryder.” I whispered.

“Good girl. Now give me a kiss.”

I placed my lips on his and kissed him with every bit of passion I had left in my body. Ryder was right. I am going to be waiting for him at our door and he will walk in like nothing ever happened………..I hope.

I pulled away and looked at him. “What do you want for dinner?” I asked not wanting to talk about it anymore.