2- The first shift!

"Now there! That is the reaction I was hoping to get!" She said a little excited

"But...uh...huh...what?...how?" I said trying to process the entire conclusion. She tried to start explaining but I interrupted her "mom!?" I said a little angry.

"Yes?" She gulped.

"Can I speak with you in the bathroom?" I said a little more calmly.

"Yes honey" She said obediently.

My mom and I walked to the bathroom. I turned around to face her but not before I checked all the stalls to make sure no one was in there. I took a few deep breaths and looked my mother right in the eyes. Tears were on the verge of trickling down my face and she grabbed me and pulled me into her warm and loving arms. "Everything is going to be okay honey" She said sounding like the whole thing was no big deal. I immediately rejected her.

"NO!" I said a little to loud causing her to shush me. "No I will not shush!" I yelled a little.

"You have been hiding this secret from me my entire life. Why would you do that mom!?" I asked her.

"Well-" she started but I cut her off before she could finish.

"I am so angry with you right now I don't even want to hear what you have to say!" I yelled. And as soon as I said that I will never forget what happened to me next. I looked in the mirror and my eyes suddenly swirled to the color white. White fur began to grow on my neck and I heard my bones start to crack. I looked down at my hands and watched my fingers curl up as they instantly transformed into big, fluffy paws! My clothes ripped to shreds and I heard my mom saying to me "Calm down, calm down, don't move Charlie!" She rushed out of her mouth.

The next thing I know is I'm looking up at my mom instead of face to face with her. I turn to the mirror once more and jump up to put my 'paws' on the counter and staring back at me was not me! It was a big, furry, beautiful, stunning, white wolf! And it took me a second to realize it was me! 'Finally' a voice cheered in the back of my head 'I'm finally free!!!' it screamed and it was a girl voice. I looked back over to my mom, who was still calming me, confused.

"Oh my Goddess! Charlie I need you to listen to me because I prepared myself for this" she said.

"Here go in this stall and tell yourself you want to shift back to being a human!"

I just looked at her and tilted my head to the side thinking 'How in the hell is that supposed to work?'

"Now!" She yelled.

'Okay okay!' I thought to myself. Walking into the stall I told myself 'shift back to human'. And in a blink of an eye I was on my hands and knees naked in the bathroom stall.

"Wow! It did work" I said to myself. I can control it! Which shocked the hell out of me!

I sat there thinking about what just happened when something interrupted my thoughts!

' It's cool huh?' that voice in my head from earlier said excitedly. 'What!? Who are you? And what are you?' I asked her in my head. 'I am your inner wolf. I'm the wolf inside of you!' she giggled. 'What do you mean wolf inside me?'

'I mean that I am the wolf you just turned into not just five seconds ago! Duh!'

'I am so confused, does everyone have a wolf inside them?'

'No, only true blood wolves do. Which is what you are'

'What is a true blood?'

' It is a full blooded wolf. There is no such thing as half human half wolf.'

'Why? I mean that's what I am right half human half wolf?

'No no no. You are a true blood. Turning into your human self has nothing to do with that.'

'Oh. So what about humans who get with wolves?'

'Nothing. Because even though wolves and humans can have sex they can not produce offspring. Which is why wolves have mates. Humans to us, well to mostly boy wolves, are sex toys.'

'That is not a good thing.'

'I know but that is what the werewolves use them for until they find their mates. Us shewolves usually don't do that. We wait for our mates. Which is what,we are going to do!' she growled.

'I agree completely with you!' I told her vastly.

'Good now I would explain everything to you but I think your mom is going to do that for you. But! If you have any questions just ask me. I am always here.'

'Okay, I'm still a little confused about somethings but I guess I will just have to adjust and get used to this whole thing'

'You will Charlie, I promise' she chirped.

'So what is your name?'

'That is up to you'

'Really!? I get to choose your name?'

'Yes, you sure do!'

'Ok......' I thought for a moment. 'How about Lucy?'

'I love it!'

'Great! I am glad you like it'

And with that we stayed quiet and I continued to think about these things while I sat there on the toilet waiting for my mom.