24- I Hate This (part one)

Ever since last Friday after the ceremony Ryder has been very distant. I mean he still comes to bed and cuddles with me every night but he doesn't come to bed until late and I've woken up every morning since then alone. He has been working on the war twenty-four seven! Talking with the pack, ordering new gear and weapons, and figuring out where half the pack needs to be to surround them. He is so stressed and is trying to work on the company as well. I've been working and reading, and since Cindy has found her mate she hasn't been around much either.  Right now I’m on my bicycle riding home from work, I told Ryder not worry today about taking me to work or bringing me home. He didn’t like my suggestion but I got him to accept it. I parked my bike and headed inside straight to Ryder’s office.

I let myself in and walked up to his desk slowly. “Ryder please let me help you with something. You’ve been working so hard and I just think-”

“No Charlie.” He cut me off. “I don’t have time for this. Go read a book or something and let me work.” He said in an annoyed tone. I ignored him because I knew he didn’t mean it, I walked around his desk and stood next to him. He turned his chair towards me stood up and gave me a look that said ‘leave me alone!’ but looked up at him anyway.

“What do you want Charlie!?” He almost yelled.

I didn’t have time to think I just stood on my tippy toes and smashed my lips on his wrapping my arms around his neck. It has been so long since we’ve kissed. This war was turning him into a bigger asshole than he already was! And usually he isn’t that mean to me, other than the fact he has his dominating side, but he’s never told me to leave him alone. His tongue immediately slipped its way into my mouth and I moaned. He grabbed my waist and pulled me as close as he could, our lips moving perfectly together and my hands tangling up in his hair. I pulled away for air but he growled really loud.

“MINE!” And attached his lips back on mine. He picked me up and went to go sit down on his couch. I pulled away again and growled for the second time.

“Ryder-I-need-to breathe.” I said panting.

He nodded his head then rest it on my forehead calming down a little. “I’m sorry about this past week princess. I’ve been so busy that I haven’t been giving my baby girl any attention, have I?”

I pouted. “No. You’ve been being a butt.” I whined a like a child.

He chuckled. “I know. But the war is this Friday, a day away! And there is so much to do in so little time.” He sighed stressfully.