23- The Ceremony

The week passed by fairly quickly. Ryder and I have been doing our regular routine, going to work and back home, all week up until today. I have been really nervous about meeting the entire pack. I am not very happy standing up in front of lots of people with their full attention on me. Even though all I have to do is stand and smile, it still makes me feel uneasy. Right now me and Ryder were laying in bed, and I’m guessing he could feel me tensing up because he said.

“Don’t be nervous baby. They will love you.” Ryder said giving me a warm smile, and for the first time he wasn’t really smirking. That smile made my heart flutter and I swear I fell in love with him all over again.

“Thanks Ryder.” I said smiling back at him. “You know, you can be really sweet when you want to be.” And poked his cute button nose.

“Yeah, don’t get to used to it princess.” He smirked. Aaaaand the old Ryder is back.

“Yeah I knew it wouldn’t last long.” I laughed. “So what time does the ceremony start again?”

“It starts at seven.”

“Ok.”

And I was about to ask when it ended when my phone began to ring. I gave Ryder a confused look like ‘who would call me?’. He just shrugged and watched my every move as I reached over to grab it off my nightstand. I looked at the caller ID and it was Cindy.

“Hey.” I said answering it.

“Who is it?” Ryder demanded in his raspy morning voice.

“Cindy.”

Ryder just shook his head and continued staring at me.

“Hey Charlie! So I was wondering since we didn’t get to hang out yesterday we could do it today? I have to get a new dress for the ceremony tonight anyways.”

“Yeah I don’t care. I just have to ask Ryder.”

“Ask me what baby?” He rasped getting closer to me and looking at me with lust in his eyes. Goodness is there not a day in this boy’s life when he isn't horny!?

“Do you mind if I go shopping with Cindy today? We want to get new dresses for the ceremony tonight.”

His eyes immediately went from stormy blue to black. “I don’t know Charlie.”

“Please.” I looked up at him innocently.

He groaned. “Don’t look at me like that.”

“Pretty please with sugar on top.” I pushed my bottom lip out pouting a little and his eyes went back to stormy blue.

“For the last time. What did I say about fucking pouting.” He growled.