15- First Day on the Job

The week has gone by really quickly. I hadn't noticed it till Mr. Bailey called yesterday wondering if I was still going to come in today. I told him absolutely and asked if I still needed to come in at nine. He said yes and to make sure I need to bring in a brand new notebook with nothing written in it. I was going to ask why but he was in a hurry and had to go. Another thing is that I am moving out tomorrow. I am so nervous! I am 17 and already moving out with the one I'm meant to be with. I have half of my things packed and I'm finishing the rest when I get home from work this afternoon.

"You ready for work sweety?" My mom asked handing me a granola bar on my way out the door. Ryder was still bed, he said nine was too early in the morning. And if you're wondering if we got in trouble the night he stayed with me...we did. My mom did a midnight check and told us in the morning that if we promise nothing would happen then it would be ok.

"Yeah, I can't wait actually." I smiled at her.

"Well I'll see you when you get home."

"Alrighty." And walked out the door heading towards town.

When I got there I couldn't see Mr. Bailey. I guess he was in the back.

"Mr. Bailey!?" I called out.

"Back here Charlie!" He called from the back.

I walked back there and saw at least six stacks of books and he was sitting in the middle of them. I sat my bag down on a small table near by and made my way over to him. "What did I need the notebook for?" I asked him.

"Well you see ll these books?"

"Yes."

"You are going to take all these new books and do inventory then after that you are going to shelve them. I will teach you how to do that when you get there though ok?"

"Ok sounds like a plan!" I smiled and sat next to him as he showed me how to do inventory in my notebook.

~

I finally finished everything and ended up reading at the front desk till my shift was over. I walked home and as I made my way through the front door and into the living room I saw Ryder sitting on the couch watching TV but no mom or Casious.

"Hey where are the love birds?" I asked him.

"You haven't seen me all day and you're wondering where the hell your mom is? Thanks princess." He said sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I was just wondering. No need to be an ass." I said blankly.

"What did you call me?" He demanded getting up from the couch and stalking his way over to me. I opened my mouth to repeat what I said but nothing came out. He ended up backing me up all the way to the counter. "Answer me." He hissed.

"I-I-I-I." All I could do is studder. He was scaring me and turning me on at the same time and I didn't understand why.

"That's what I thought." He said picking me up by my thighs and putting me on the counter. It all happened so fast I didn't know how to react. He put himself in between my legs and gripped my hips.

"Give me a kiss." He demanded. When he said that I didn't have to think twice, I immediately smashed my lips to his and curled my fingers in his hair. I missed him so much that I was to busy at work to realize it. His grip on me tightened and he pulled me closer I whimpered and pulled away to catch my breath.

"Miss me that much princess?" He smirked at me.

"Yes." I moaned and panted at the same time.

He chuckled. "You have no clue how sexy you are right now. I can't wait to take you home." He confessed. And honestly I wouldn't mind either. I went in heat for the first time the day after he marked me and I wanted to mate with him right then and there. But he stopped us because he wants to wait for the right moment in our home alone when time is perfect. Ryder said he didn't want my first time to be here he wanted it to be special for me which I appreciate very much. I am not sane when I'm in heat, especially when he's around, my wolf goes crazy.

About that time my mom walked in. "Woah! Ok honey if you don't want to see me and Casious loving on each other then I suggest you and Ryder watch where you do it ok?" She laughed.

I giggled. "Ok momma."

The rest of the day went by fast Mom made dinner we all ate, laughed, and mom gave Ryder a special talk about keeping me safe for the rest of my life. Ryder promised his life and told her that there was absolutely nothing to worry about. After that we finished packing my things, went to bed and I cuddled up to Ryder in my own bed in this house for the last time.

~

The next day I woke up in an empty bed. I got up took a shower got dressed in shorts and a tank top then headed downstairs for breakfast. Mom made chocolate chip pancakes with a side of bacon.

"Yum!" I said grabbing a plate and stocking up on the food.

"Haha hungry?" She asked.

"You know me mom I'm always hungry." I said biting my tongue between my teeth and grinning at her.

"Yeah that's true." She laughed.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome sweetie. I wanted to make your favorite breakfast for your last day." She said with a warm smile.

I gave her one back and we walked over to the island to sit with Ryder and Casious. After we finished Ryder and Casious took all my things and loaded them up into Ryder's truck that he brought over earlier. Mom was crying, Ryder was anxious, and Casious didn't really know what to do. The whole thing was an emotional roller coaster about wipe out and crash at any second. I hugged my mother for at least ten minutes and we were both silently crying, even though I'm only moving to the neighborhood next door and I could easily walk over here any time I please.

"Be safe ok." She sobbed.

"I will." I whimpered to her. She wiped my tears away and I did the same to her.

"And don't forget you have one more year of school left and make sure to do your homework and make good grades."

I giggled at her a little. "I will momma." I smiled.

"I love you." She squeezed me again. "Sooo much."

"I love you too." I squeezed her back.

Then I slowly walked over to the truck where Ryder sat in waiting for me. I hopped in and we drove off. I just looked at my mom getting smaller and smaller as I stepped into my new future without her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you like it :)

Vote~Comment~Like ❤️