➸ Chapter 36: My Clumsy Valentine

~Callum Ross~

I sighed and rubbed my hands in nervousness. I suddenly felt as though I was suffocating, so I loosened my tie and adjusted it.

"Would you relax? It's not like Felicity's going to bail on you. I mean, we're in her house," Caleb said, smirking at me.

"It's not that, Caleb. I'm nervous because Felicity would be in heels. And you know how clumsy she gets... she could've just stood up then destroyed eveything in her path without trying," I said.

Which was true, I mean. Felicity in sneakers already trips. Just think of a Felicity in heels. Now that would scream 'danger'.

He chuckled and pat my shoulder. Then her turned around to head to the kitchen where Mindy was.

"Your faith in me is so high," someone said.

I turned to look at the top of the stairs. There, Felicity stood. As gorgeous as ever.

I felt my jaw drop. She was beautiful. She was wearing a simple, dark red dress that flowed down to her feet. The top had a one-shoulder strap and flowed waist down with a shear on the top layer. Felicity's hair was tied in a bun, with two loose strands on both sides of her face. She had a small silver headband on.

"Wow," I breathed.

She grinned and started going down the stairs. She was clearly struggling because of the heels. She scowled and tried taking another step. She almost tripped and gripped the railing before she falls.

I chuckled and ran up mid-way of the stairs offering her my hand. She raised her finger and said, "Wait a minute." She bent down, one hand holding the railing, another hand removing her heels. I laughed. 

Once she got her heels off, she stood up, smiled at me and took my hand. I laughed and told her, "you look beautiful, Dumbo."

"You don't look bad yourself," she said.

"Pictures!" Felicity's mom called.

Caleb popped out of the kitchen with a piece of bread in his hand. "Pictures? But we have to pick up Mindy!" he whined.

I rolled my eyes and pulled Felicity by her waist. She grunted beside me and said, "You don't have to be so rough, Callum."

"That's what she said," I whispered to her.

She turned to me and glared. "If you really want me to go with you tonight, you should be in your best behavior, Callum. Don't make my mom regret her decision," she scolded.

Her mother allowed her to stay with me in a hotel room overnight. She said she trusted Felicity enough to be responsible. Which she was. And she trusted me as well to be a gentleman. Which I am.

I think.

I whined. "Dumbo, I'll be on my best behavior," I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Fine."

"Caleb! You'll have enought time don't worry! Get in the picture as well!" Aunt Dana said.

Caleb groaned and said, "I think I'll reserve my beautiful face for Mindy's parents."

Felicity made an unpleasant sound. "You face is anything but beautiful," she said.

"Yes! It's marvelous, handsome, etcetera etcetera," Caleb babbled.

Felicity groaned. "Cocky Ross brothers," she muttered.

"Hey!" Caleb and I complained.

"Just get in the picture!" Aunt Dana complained.