➸ Chapter 27: Maybe I do, after all.

Chapter 27: Maybe I do, after all.

~Callum Ross~

The first thing I felt this morning was a ticklish feeling on my nose. I scrunched up my nose and scratched it. Then I buried my head into the pillow again.

"Wakey wakey," someone whispered.

My eyes shot wide open and I immediately sat up and looked at where the voice came from.

There Felicity was, wearing her thick-framed glasses and squatting by my bed and grinning like a maniac.

"Fluffy?!" I exclaimed.

"Hi."

I just wanted to laugh. There she was by my bedside, grinning at me and telling me to wake up.

"How did you get here?" I asked

"Since it's just six am I came here," she said.

"That doesn't answer my question," I deadpanned.

She grinned at me. "I came here by walking, duh. And your mother let me in," she said nonchalantly.

Why was she so chirpy? She would usually be shy and embarrassed around me and would usually scowl at me. Now she's the one who woke me up here in my house.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"I told you, six!" she exclaimed happily. She sprang off of her feet, stumbling a bit and jumped on my bed.

"It's a miracle how you did that without falling flat on your butt," I told her.

She whined. "I told you, it's not my fault I'm clumsy! Now can we go to school?!"

"Yeah yeah, let me shower and change," I said, getting out of bed and heading towards my bathroom.

I took a quick bath and immediately wrapped a towel around my waist. I always seem to forget my clothes outside of my bathroom so I walked out of there, expecting Felicity to be downstairs.

She wasn't. She was staring at me with wide eyes because my torso was exposed.

I smirked. "Like what you see?" I asked.

She scowled. Oh so we were back to scowling.

"You're so annoying," she snapped.

"Geez woman, it's like you're on your period," I said.

She scowled at me again. "Would you please give a girl some privacy?!" she shouted at me.

I grinned. "So you are on your period!" I exclaimed.

"No you stupid nut-on-crack!" she shouted at me.

"Chippy's on her period?" Caleb questioned, entering my room.

I laughed while Felicity groaned.

*********

"So I have to go with you to your basketball training?" Felicity asked me.

I nodded and grabbed my basketball bag from the floor. I faced her and smirked. "You can marvel at my body there," I said.

She smacked my chest. "You blundering idiot! I wasn't checking you out!" she whisper-shouted at me.

"I say otherwise with the way you're feeling my chest," I told her, waggling my eyebrows up and down.

She immediately retracted her hand and scowled at me. She turned away and started to walk away. My eyes widened and I grabbed her arm.