➸ Chapter 35: A Game of 20 Questions

~Felicity Lane~

"Shh, stay quiet so that they won't hear us," Callum told me before we entered the house.

I looked at him weirdly before rolling my eyes and nodding. He grabbed my hand, making me squeal in the inside.

He opened to door slowly, tugging me in their house. I sighed and followed him. He animatedly tiptoed across the the living room to avoid any noises. I rolled my eyes and walked across the room.

"Well, look what the dogs dragged it," a voice said.

Caleb.

I swear to god his lines were the worst.  And his voice. And everything about him. Seriously. Who the hell says 'look what the dogs dragged in'? He sounded like an idiot.

Callum cringed in front of me. He slowly turned around to face his step-brother. Slowly, he walked into their lounging room.

Quinn was smirking at us. She was leaning on John who had an arm wrapped around her waist. He smiled at the sight of Callum holding my hand. Caleb on the other hand, was holding Mindy's hand.

"Hey Caleb," he said.

I rolled my eyes and followed Callum, since he was dragging me behind him. I squeezed his hand hard, causing him to yelp and let go of my hand. He turned around to glare at me as he shook his hand. I smirked and kept my eyes trained on the television.

"So, what happened? You two look like you've been satisfied. If you know what I mean," Caleb added.

"Caleb!" Quinn scolded.

Mindy snorted and gave Caleb a high-five. I scowled at them. I thought Mindy was a shy girl but no. She turned out to be the girl version of Caleb.

Callum slapped his brother's head. "No you dimwit. We talked," he said.

"Oh really? And what did you talk about?" Mindy asked.

I glared at her causing her to smirk and laugh. 

"Yeah, Citi. What did you talk about?" Quinn added, grinning at me.

Callum sighed beside me. He gave me a look that said, 'tell them'. 

"What? Me? Tell them? No. You tell them!" I said.

"Why?"

"Because you're the guy!" I exclaimed.

"What kind of excuse is that?!" he said.

"A good one!"

"Would you guys just get on with it?" John said.

Callum sighed. "Felicity and I, are finally together. After her giving me such a rough time," Callum said.

I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm. "You idiot. You gave me a rough time," I said.

He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes.

He was as childish as a 5 year-old kid who wanted candy. And in this case, I was the candy. I started glaring at the floor until I felt Callum nudge me.

"I'm not your candy!" I shouted.

Callum gave me those "wtf" looks. He rolled his eyes and pulled my arm.  

I honestly didn't know what to think. Was I supposed to start hyperventilating because the Cretin was holding me? Or was I supposed to feel embarrassed because I shouted "I'm not your candy" out loud?