➸ Chapter 33: Apologies

~Felicity Lane~

It was April 7, the second week of April. Luckily, I our dance competition was pushed to this coming saturday. So I managed to get away from our tension.

I sighed and walked to school sadly. I missed him, in all honesty. It hurt every time I'd see him in school. Knowing that he lied to me, telling me that he wouldn't be like Sean or my father, but actually ending up worse. It really hurt.

But you knew deep inside he had an explanation. Why not let him explain?

I don't know.

That's a stupid answer. How about this: why did you ignore him the whole time?

I don't know.

Well, you're some work of art, aren't you?

Yeah.

I gripped my books tighter as I entered the gates of school. I hund my head low and let my hair cover my face. I heard the whispers about me, I turned my head slightly, watching them. Once they saw me looking, they immediately turned away.

I entered the halls of school. Expecting it to be like any normal Monday.

But it wasn't.

The song, "Somewhere only we know" by Lily Allen started playing. It was our dance song. Callum and I. I felt tiny watery pricks in my eyes and faced up. I saw Callum's friend, Derrick, I think, handing me a red rose. I took it, wondering what this was all about. He grinned at me, then pulled me towards the next intersection of hallway. There, another jock -Adrian, I think was his name- gave me another red rose. I fake smiled and accepted it. From there, Adrian put his hand on the small of my back and pushed me towards the next person.

"Is this the place we used to love? Is this the place I've been dreaming of?"

"What's happening," I whispered.

"You'll see," Adrian said to me, grinning. 

I honestly felt pretty awkward. Because everyone was staring ang giggling. And I was just... there. Walking.

Another jock gave me another rose. Then another, then another. It kept going on until I had about fourteen roses in my hand. 

"Let me carry those for you," someone said.

I looked up to see Caleb grinning at me. He grabbed my books from my other hand and kissed the top of my head. 

"What the actual fuck is happening, Lebby?" I demanded.

He chuckled. "Relax. We won't keep you waiting for long anymore. Come on," he said.

"Cause this could be the end of everything, so why don't we go, somewhere only we know?"

Callum appeard at the end of the hallway. Wearing a dark black suit and a red tie. He adjusted his tie nervously as he looked at me and smiled. 

I was pretty shocked.

"Caleb you stupid mutt, what did you do?" I punched Caleb's arm and glared at him.

He grinned at me. "Nothing."

"You lie. Why the hell is your brother wearing a black suit and tie?"

"Ask him," Caleb answered.

I approached Callum carefully. He smiled at me and gave me the two roses.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him.