➸ Chapter 29: Roles Reversed

Chapter 29: Roles Reversed

~Callum Ross~

It was the day before the basketball game. And we found out that we were up against Johnson High. One of the top contenders in the finals.

"So you're sacred shitless?" Felicity asked me.

My head snapped to her direction. We were seated on the benches by the school's backyard. Felicity had both of her arms propped up the backrest of the bench and she smirked at me.

"No."

She started snickering. "Sure you aren't. I bet you're just pissing your pants right now," she said.

I glared at her. "When did you get so bold?"

"When I found out that this is a great opportunity to tease you," she said.

"I hate you," I told her.

"That's my line," she said, smirking at me.

"Felicity," I deadpanned.

"Oh come on Callum, your team has won the finals like what, three times in a row? I doubt you'll lose to Johnson High anytime soon," she said, putting her hands on her waist.

She has a point though. For three years in a row we beat every team in the finals. And I lead them through all those wins.

"What if we didn't train enough?" I asked Felicity.

She stood up and faced me. She gave me one of her straight looks then slapped me on the face. She then crossed her arms over her chest and gave me a hard look.

"Look here, Callum Something Ross, you listen and you listen carefully. I will not tolerate you ranting about how you can't beat Johnson High. Because I know you can and I know you will. You got me? Now if you rant one more time, I swear to god I am not going to you game. You hear me?" she said.

I couldn't help but stare at her. She believed in me so much that she had to slap me. A grin started to spread on my face. I jumped up and stood in front of her. Smiling like an idiot, I grabbed her waist and pecked her cheeks.

"Thanks, Fluffy. For believing in me," I said.

"Don't go all sappy on me, Ross. I did that so that our roles won't be reversed," she said to me, waving her hand back and forth.

"I'm going to go back and prepare for my next subject, toodle-doo, Cretin," she bid.

*********

"Cretin, Cretin, Cretin!" Felicity bugged.

She kept poking me as I drove down the street. Glaring at the road in front of me. She started poking me ever since I started ignoring her because she brought up the basketball game again.

I gripped the steering wheel until my knuckles started turning white. I groaned. "Felicity stop it," I said.

"Aw come on, Callum-bear! I know you just wanna talk about the game tomorrow!" she cooed and pat my head.

I groaned. That was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her.

"Oh this is my sweet revenge, Callum dear. My sweet sweet revenge on you," she said mischievosly.

I can't believe I'm in love with this maniac.

I sighed and concentrated back on the road. Once we reached the dance studio, I parked the car and got out immediately. Trying to avoid Felicity interrogating me about the game tomorrow.