➸ Chapter 20: Callum's Been Chasing You for Weeks

➸ Chapter 20: Callum's Been Chasing You for Weeks

~Felicity Lane~

"Felicity, I like you. And I can't lose you now," he said.

I stared at him blankly. We were still at the park, and I knew that everyone was watching us. Well not everyone, but most of the people there.

The boy you like just told you he likes you and you care about the people in the park?

He doesn't like me. 

I snorted. "Yeah, Callum. Sure," I said, pushing him away and turning around. 

He can't like me. I'm not good enough for him. He's Callum Ross, he can have any girl he wants with a snap of his fingers. 

"Felicity!" he shouted.

He can't like me.

I started running away. Hoping to not fall on my face. 

**********

"You what?!" Quinn shouted.

How come I feel as if this has happened before?

"Chippy, even I know that this is the stupidest thing you ever did. And that's saying something," Caleb said, shaking his head.

"Come on guys! How would I know if he isn't playing with me or not?!" I defended, grabbing some of my books then clutching them tight.

"Felicity! He told you he likes you! Someone who's playing with you, won't tell you that!" Quinn said.

I closed my locker door. "Sean told me that," I whispered.

"Sweetie, Sean's a stupid bastard. Callum's been chasing you for weeks," Quinn told me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around to face both of my friends. "I'm an idiot, aren't I?" I whispered.

"Yeah," Caleb said.

Quinn gave me a small smile. I smiled back wryly. 

"I need to find Callum," I said.

"Well, speak of the devil. There's your wish," Caleb said, looking and pointing at something far away. 

I looked to where he was pointing and I saw Callum with John. John was telling him something and Callum had a sad look on his face. I sighed and walked over to them.

"Callum," I called.

John looked at me as if I grew another head. I gave him a questioning look. 

Callum turned around to face me. He had eyebags under his eyes. He looked lifeless, as if a vaccum sucked up everything from him.

"Felicity," he breathed.

"John can you give us a minute?" I asked.

John nodded and walked towards where I came from.

"Callum, could you come over? Later?" I asked, timidly.

"Why? You might run off again," he snapped.

I winced. I deserved that. "I just want to talk," I whispered. 

He laughed wryly. "Yeah, because when I wanted to talk, all you wanted to do was brush me off and tell me to fuck off," he sneered.

"I never said that," I whispered, clutching my books tigther to my chest.

"Yeah, but you sure know how to send that vibe, now, don't you?" he said.