➸ Chapter 22: Useless Glasses and A Date (part 1)

➸ Chapter 22: Useless Glasses and A Date (part 1)

~Felicity Lane~

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned and slammed my hand on the stupid device. I sat up and scratched my head. What day was it again?

Wednesday.

Oh right. 

My eyes widened in realisation that I have a test in History today. I jumped out of my bed and ran towards my washroom. I brushed my teeth while I took the fastest shower in my life. I got out of the shower, wrapped a towel on myself, and managed to fast walk to my closet. I picked the simplest black shirt and blue jeans that I had and put it on.

Then I realized I still had my toothbrush in my mouth. I groaned, causing bubbles to fly everywhere. I ran to the sink and spit out the toothpaste. I then ran back to my closet and put everything on.

"Why are you in a rush? It's like six a.m. School doesn't start till eight," a voice said.

"I have a test in history," I said, "And I need to review."

"Ah. The bookworm as always," she said.

I turned around to see Elaine standing in the doorway. She gave me a questioning look and started looking at my attire. She scrunched up her nose.

"Sis you have a lot of fashionable clothes that you wear to dance practice. Why don't you wear them at school?" she questioned me.

I gave her a blank look. "I'm a 'nerd' remember?" I said, while running towards my desk and grabbing my books, dunking them into my bag and I got my glasses.

"That explains the useless glasses?" she asked.

"They are not useless! They're for correction!" I shouted.

She snickered. "Sure, sis," she said.

She walked towards me and grabbed my glasses from me. "Felicity pooh has to get her glasses from me," she cooed.

"Elaine! I need to get to school so I can study!" I shouted, grabbing my glasses.

But she just managed to pull it away from me before I could get it. 

"Elaine!" I shouted, annoyed.

"I love you, too sis," she called as she ran out the room.

She knew I had no foot coordination. But I had no time to fall flat on my face. I needed to review for my exam. 

I went downstairs to see my mother and Elaine preparing breakfast. That devil of a sister actually smiled at me as I entered the kitchen.

I groaned and slammed my stuff on the table, causing my mom to turn around.

"Felicity! What-"

"Elaine got my glasses," I whined.

"Wha-" my mom started.

"I demand for my glasses back," I said, glaring at my sister.

"I lost them," she said.

"What?!"

"Kidding. I hid them somewhere," Elaine said.

"Why are you not in college?" I groaned.

"I thought I told you? They were installing airconditioners in our classrooms. So they gave everyone a break for almost a month," Elaine said.

"Who does it in the middle of the school year? That's so stupid," I muttered.

"Our principal is stupid," Elaine muttered.