➸ Chapter ➋: The Tale of Chippy and the Red Rose (part 1)

~Felicity Lane~

Let's start from the beginning. On how I met him.

T'was a good Thursday. Thursday the thirteenth. A day before Valentine's Day...

"Dear good god, Quinn. Seriously?" I said as we both stared at her rose-filled locker.

"I didn't seriously think they'd start today," she muttered to me.

I stared at her locker and started poking all the flowers.

"Stop it."

"How're you going to bring all these home?" I faced her then pushed my glasses up.

She looked at me weirdly. "Ask the dudes, duh."

Only she would say that.

It was no doubt that Quinn had a lot of wooers. I mean, with that platinum blonde hair and light blue eyes? Who wouldn't like her? She's beautiful.

It was the time of the year again that she would get so much flowers and hearts... And all that other shit.

Valentine's day.

Well, let the cupid hit me then. As if it had ever hit me before.

Let's get this straight.

I'm a seventeen year-old girl who has never been in love.

I mean, who would like a freak like me, right?

I had very big glasses that covered up my whole face. But behind them, I had green eyes and rosy pink cheeks. My brown hair was usually tied up in a messy bun. I wore really big clothes, too.

Which was probably the reason why everyone thought I was fat.

"I'mma get my books from my locker. Toodle-doo, bish," I said to Quinn.

"As if we don't have homeroom together," she said.

"See you there."

I waved her goodbye as I turned and tripped on my own feet. I heard Quinn behind me snort and laugh. 

It was always weird to her that an dancer like me would be this clumsy. Okay, so what? I've been practicing with the group for like 5 years now, sure I'd be used to dancing on stage. But put me on the normal flooring, ha. Think of me as a fish. Except with legs. A fish on land with legs.

When Quinn first realized that I was a really good dancer (her words, not mine) at freshman year, she slapped me on the arm so hard I swear I heard my bones crack.

"You're an 'effin dancer?! The fudge girl! Why didn't you tell me?" she screamed at my ear.

"Shut up! We just met! We're like friends for like, what, a month?!" I shouted back.

We were damn lucky we were at my house at that time.

I finally reached my locker and grabbed my small bag and books. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and pushed my glasses up to see a grinning Caleb.

Caleb Ross. Callum Ross's little step-brother. A.K.A, my guy best friend. We're both seniors, like Quinn. It's weird actually. Caleb's parents said that they should just enter in the same year, even though Caleb was younger by half a year. He and Callum almost have the same similarities. But look nothing alike. The same dark brown spiky hair and that very annoying smirk. But, Caleb had gray eyes. Which was something different compared to his brother. Other than that, their personalities are so differect. Caleb's a more composed type while Callum is more wild.

But they got along real well.

I think.

He draped an arm around me and rubbed my head, messing up my bun.

"Get your stupid arm off me, Lebby," I said.

He whined and flicked my ear. "I told you never to call me that."

"It's no better than the nickname you have for me," I said.

 "What?! Chip is cute!" he exclaimed.

I swatted his arm off of me. And trudged down the hall in a hurry to avoid him.

"Oh come on Chippy! It came from the word Chipmunk! And Chipmunks are cute! I'm calling you cute!" he said.

I ignored him.

As soon as I spotted Quinn, waiting in her usual seat next to mine, I rushed over to her so that I could avoid Caleb.

I sat, in a hurry, and whispered in Quinn's ear, "help me. This freak is overdoing it."

"I can heeaar youuu!" Caleb said beside me.

"No go away Lebby! Please!" I pleaded.

"I can't. My seat's beside yours," he said.

I groaned inwardly as he pat my head again and sat down.

Our teacher entered and immediately started discussing stuff about how we'd get our passes for prom and shit.

As if I'm going to prom. 

Finally, after 360 billion light years later, the class has finished.

I was packing my books in my bag and preparing for my next class, Physics. When suddenly, a hand appeared from nowhere. 

"A rose for the lady," a voice said.

I looked up to see hazel eyes looking down at me. A smirk plastered on that very familiar face.

Callum Ross.

My jaw dropped and every person in this room gasped. I composed myself and looked back down to his hand.

He was holding a single rose.

"Alright," I said, "who paid you?"

--------------------------------

A/N: okay, this is like, really really short, but, TA-DA! :3 I have to sleep early because I have training tomorrow :)) Soooo tah-tah my lovely babies!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Vote!

Comment!

Fan!

<3 Casey