➸ Chapter 24: Everything's Just Peachy

➸ Chapter 24: Everything's Just Peachy

~Callum Ross~

"I am not getting injected with that!" Felicity shouted at the doctor, pointing at the injection in his hand. 

I was sitting beside Elaine, we were snickering at the whole scene. It was quite comical actually. Imagine this:

Felicity the Bloated Balloon was sitting on the medical chair, with her sleeve rolled up, trying to escape. There were nurses pinning her down and strapping her to the chair. Now imagine a doctor -who's dressed as a surgeon- and was covered from head to toe, and holding a three-centimetered needle in his left hand.

"Give her the gas," the doctor said.

"Gas? Woah, hold it doctor, what's the gas?" I asked, standing up.

I felt a hand grip my wrist. I looked at Elaine. She smiled. "Relax, this happened before. Felicity's always like that," she said.

"Relax, boy. It's Laugh Gas. The gas will calm her down," The doctor said, grinning.

Felicity was on the verge of being Solomon Grundy. She gritted her teeth as the nurses put on the mask. Felicity stopped struggling and glared at them. The two nurses had small scared smiles. One other nurse came from the back door of the clinic, bringing in a small tank.

I sat back down and looked at Felicity. She glared at me. I grinned sheepishly and gave her a peace sign.

The nurses connected the tube of the mask to the tank. Then they turned the knobb. A sound of air whooshed through the tube, making Felicity look groggy after a few seconds.

One to two minutes later, they removed the mask. Revealing a grinning Felicity.

"Everything's just peachy, isn't it?" Felicity said, looking at me.

Her eyes widened and she grinned. "Oh! Callum! You're here! You know, this is all your fault! I wouldn't be here if it weren't for that happy little cooked shrimp," she told me. 

How could a cooked shrimp be happy?

I looked at Elaine. She was starting to giggle. I shook my head and started laughing as well. 

Felicity started laughing at the doctor. "Doc! You look like a penguin wrapped in a blue blanket!" she exclaimed, struggling under the straps. 

Then Felicity looked at the straps. "Oh! Straps! You know, they look like belts, but mini-versions! Which make them look absolutely adorable!" she exclaimed.

I snorted. Only Felicity. I swear everything she was saying now, were actually ideas of hers before.

"Okay, Felicity, I want you to look outside the window," doc said, motioning the nurses to pin down her right arm.

"Okay," she chirped. She looked out the window and started humming Fancy.

I facepalmed. Will she ever get tired of that song?

"First things first, I'm the realest, drop this and let the whole world feel it, and I'm still in the Murda Bizness..." Felicity rapped.

My eyes bulged out of their sockets. I looked at Elaine and asked her, "Felicity can rap?"

Elaine nodded. "Yeah. She started rapping when she was sixteen, I think," she said.

I turned to look at the doctor. He was already wiping the injected spot with a cotton ball. The nurses started unbuckling Felicity. Once she was free, she jumped up, then wobbled a bit. I ran to her before she could fall.