➸ Chapter 32: Works and Plans

~Callum Ross~

It's been a week since I've talked to Felicity. I tried to talk to her, I did. Going to her house everyday, ringing her doorbell and bringing a red rose by her doorstep everyday and waiting for her to answer. It was agony because none of them answered the door.

I slammed my locker shut and sighed. I was a wreck. I don't think I can stand one second more of Felicity hating me.

And worse of all was dance practice.

Every time we'd partner up and practice our routine again, she's just ignore me and dance. I called her a few times, apologizing and asking her if we could talk, but she just ignored me and looked away.

"Dude you really have to talk to her," Derrick said.

Another thing was that John also hates me now. He says I'm the reason for Quinn breaking up with him. Somehow she found out that John gave me Felicity's name and now Quinn was angry at him for starting this whole thing.

"Don't you think I tried?" I snapped at him.

Derrick raised his hands in surrender. "Ok man, I'm sorry," he said.

I sighed. "I'm sorry. It's just been a little tough since she's avoiding me like the plague," I said.

He pat my back. "You just have to have a little faith. She'll come around," he said, "Oh speak of the devil."

I turned around to see Felicity. As beautiful as ever, with her thick-framed glasses on and the baggy clothes again. She clutched her books to her chest and kept her head low. Beside her were Quinn and Caleb, chatting animatedly.

Felicity suddenly tripped on something, making Caleb and Quinn catch her by her elbows. I smiled. She was still clumsy.

"I'm fine," she said. She regained her balance, and she turned. Her eyes glanced and they landed on me. Instead of the usual scowl she'd give me, she gave me no reaction.

I felt a pang in my chest. She'd usually scowl at me. That was her sign of affection. But now, nothing.

She walked passed me, Caleb sneeing and Quinn glaring at me. I frowned and gripped my backpack tighter.

Should I go after her or not?

"Dude, go after her," Derrick nudged me.

"Should I?" I asked.

"Yes!"

He pushed me towards them. I honestly didn't know what to tell Felicity. I'm sorry doesn't really cut it. It needs a pretty long explanation.

I ran after her, stopping in front of her and saying, "Felicity, please just talk to me."

"Get out of the way, Callum," Caleb sneered.

I ignored him and looked at Felicity. She glared at me. The same glare that she gave Sean when he entered our dance studio. The pang on my chest increased.

"Felicity please," I begged.

"Just leave us alone, would you?" Quinn asked, annoyed.

"Felicity, I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Go away, Callum," she whispered.

She walked passed me. Leaving Quinn and Caleb to look me straight in the eyes.

"I don't know why you don't get it, Callum," Caleb started, "It's simple. Just stay away from her."

Quinn slapped me across the face, again. "Don't try anything stupid, Callum."