Chapter 29

Chapter 29

{Lucy P.O.V.}

I hit Stiles’ shoulder and gave him a questioning look.

“Who was it?” Stiles asked.

“Never heard of her..do they, um, know who killed her?” Stiles said into the phone. His eyes flickered to Jen and I.

Stiles mumbled something I couldn’t understand into the phone then hung up.

“Tell us everything.” Jen crossed her arms.

Stiles sat his phone down on the table and scratched the back of his head. “There’s not much to tell, someone killed someone else. No big deal.”

“Murder IS a big deal, are you insane?” I said.

“Who was the victim?” Jen asked questioningly.

Stiles raised his eyebrow and Jen looked as if she came to a realization.

Stiles clapped his hands together and changed the subject, “So, Luc. What shall we do today?”

--

Ever since Stiles got that call a couple days ago, he’s been acting weird. Almost as if he knows something and doesn’t want to tell me. I’ve been trying to shrug it off but it bothers me that he won’t tell me.

I read about the murder in the paper and apparently some girl was jogging in the forest and was attacked. The same forest that I go hiking in every weekend.. The newspaper didn’t say anything about who, or what, did it. All they said was that the identity of the girl was being kept confidential.

I tried talking to Scott and he somehow found a way to leave me wondering about it more than I already was. I just want to know who murdered the poor girl..

What if it was me who had been murdered? I shuddered at the thought and tried to think of other things.

My eyes shot open as my phone buzzed on the nightstand beside me. The time on my phone read 10 a.m.

I had a text from Scott.

“I know you are awake, I can hear your heartbeat. Get out of bed already!”

What a creep. Listening to my heartbeat from a different room.

I chuckled at that and removed the sheets from myself. I quickly got dressed and fixed myself up.

I trudged down the stairs and found Scott sitting in the living room.

“You are such a creep.” I stated as I plopped down next to him.