Chapter 30

Chapter 30

{Lucy P.O.V.}

“IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY IT’S YOUR BIRTHDAY.” A voice furiously knocked on my door. I yanked my curling iron cord out of the socket and opened my door. Yes, I actually woke myself up on my birthday. Surprising, I know.

I opened the door to reveal Stiles standing in my doorway. He was holding a huge box in his hands. Literally, the box was wider than him and quite tall.

“What’s this?” I giggled.

“Your birthday present, duh!”

I grabbed the box from his hands and sat it down on the floor beside me and jumped into his arms to hug him.

“Have I told you lately that you are the best boyfriend in the entire world?” I said as I planted a big kiss on his cheek.

“Happy birthday baby!” Stiles said.

Stiles really is the best. When I had my little mental breakdown a couple days ago in front of Stiles after my dad confronted me, I ended up sleeping at Stiles’ house while he comforted me. He didn’t even laugh or make fun of me for overreacting. He just held me all night while I sulked and told me that he would never let my dad or anyone else for that matter hurt me.

“Open your present!” Stiles urged me.

“Let’s save it for later.” I suggested.

“No! Now!” Stiles whined.

“Fine.” I said in fake grief.

I drug the box over to my bed and sat beside it. It towered over me so I had to stand up to reach the top of it.

I untied the big red bow off the top and pulled the top off the box to reveal some paper covering something up.

I looked over at Stiles and smiled, “What’s all this?”

“You’ll see.” He smirked.

I pulled some of the tissue paper out and a slightly smaller box was there. The same process went on for several more boxes.

“Seriously Stiles?” I laughed.

“I’ve always wanted to do that!” He put his hands up in defense.

I finally came to what looked like the last box. It was a rectangular box, that looked as if it is a jewelry box. I slowly opened the box.

I gasped as I saw the silver necklace gently placed on the satin covering of the box. I looked closer at it. It was two circles that said our names. One had “Lucy” written on it with a heart and the other had “Stiles” written on it. (see picture to the side. Ignore the names on there :P )

“Want me to help you put it on?” Stiles asked.

I shook my head excitedly and sat down with my back facing him. I handed him the necklace and moved my long hair out of the way. He wrapped his arms around the front of me then brought the necklace around my neck and clasped it. He kissed my neck on the spot where he clasped it, giving me chills all up and down my spine.

I turned around to face him and gave him a huge hug.

“Thank you SO much! I love it almost as much as I love y-“ I stopped myself from saying that by kissing him on the lips.

“Lucy, are you ready to go out to lunch with mom and I for your birthday?” Scott walked into my room. He obviously didn’t know that I was having a little moment here with Stiles.

“Ew, you two.” He said shoving his phone in his pocket.

I pushed Scott out of my room and kissed Stiles full on the mouth once more before going downstairs.

“Mom, I know they need you at the hospital. You really shouldn’t have taken off just for me.” I said as I crossed my arms.

“Lucy, shut up. It’s your birthday don’t worry about me. It doesn’t hurt my feelings one bit that I don’t have to work today.” Mom said.

“O-kay.” I gave up.

“Stiles, are you going to be joining us?” My mom asked.

Stiles looked from me to Scott, making a decision.

“Sure.” He said.

--

“I’m going to use the bathroom before we go. I’ll be right back.” Mom said as she exited our table, leaving Scott, Stiles, and I alone.

We were having a nice conversation when Stiles kicked Scott from under the table and motioned behind Scott. I looked to where he pointed and saw the last person I wanted to see today sitting at the bar. My dad.

“Why can’t he just leave us alone?” I groaned, putting my head in my hands. Stiles put his hand on my lower back and glared at my dad.

“Let me take care of this.” Scott said, standing up.

“No! Don’t do that. Mom will be back soon, let’s just ignore him.” I said.

Scott gave me an unsure look but ended up sitting back down.

We continued talking for a little while. I was wary of the fact that my dad was close-by and he seemed to have noticed me.

“Funny seeing you two here.” My dad, if you can even call him that, said.

Scott stood up and faced him. “Go away. Now.”

Dad put his hands in the air in defense. “Just wanted to tell my little girl happy birthday.”

“Don’t call me that! You aren’t my dad!” I said a little too loud.

“Stiles? Is that you? Boy, have you changed.” He said, completely ignoring me.

“Things change.” Stiles said.

“I guess so, looks like things have changed between you and Lucille.” He laughed.

“Leave. Now.” Scott said in a threatening tone. I could tell he was about to shift in the middle of this restaurant.

“Ok. Ok.” He said as he left.

Just then, mom returned from the bathroom. Nice timing.

--

Stiles ended up leaving after dinner to go “run some errands.” Whatever that means. So Mom and Scott basically took me out shopping, like every year.

As I walked up to the house, I noticed something was off. I shrugged it off as being nothing.

“You’re just being paranoid.” I told myself.

I put my keys in the door as Mom and Scott stood behind me. I walked in and flipped the lightswitch on.

“SURPRISE!” A crowd of people yelled.

------------------------------------------------------------

I felt really really bad for not updating so this is a quick little chapter to pacify you all! I'm sorry for neglecting this story :( I've just been really busy with school and i'm lazy y'know. i'm probably going to pass out after i post this because i drank a monster(OBSESSED.) and those things make me crash after a while :P

anyways, if you don't read my other story Behind The Scenes, then you probably don't know that I changed my twitter name to @brookeisaginger  so yeah, be a good reader and follow me :D

i could ramble on forever in my author's note but i know none of you probably read these things.