Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“You have 10 more minutes!” Scott yelled from his room.

Today was Monday. That meant I was going to have to face Jackson. I was definitely not looking forward to today. Plus, I had to talk to him today. ALONE. At least, I have Scott and Stiles. Stiles and I have been flirting ever since what happened Friday. I don’t really know what you would call us, but we were the only 2 who were aware something was going on. To be completely honest, I don’t think anything is going to come of it.  Stiles was probably just flirting with me because he felt sorry for me. Who is it really hurting if we are flirting back and forth secretly? Scott didn’t know about it, and I intended to keep it like that. Things would just get weird if he knew I was flirting with his best friend.

I finished doing my hair and make-up so I put my phone in my bag and headed downstairs to wait for the boys. I stopped by my mom’s room to see if the hospital had actually let her come home. I cracked the door open and saw she was dead asleep in her bed, still in her scrubs. I felt so bad for her because the hospital had her working literally 24/7. She had no free time at all.

I quietly shut her door and went to sit on the couch. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Allison. I had become pretty close friends with her ever since her and Scott started dating.

“Hey, you ready to go?” Scott said as he walked down the stairs with his backpack slung around his shoulder.

“Yup, when is Stiles supposed to be here?” I asked.

Just as I asked that, I heard his jeep’s engine roar to a stop outside of our house.

Scott and I both laughed at the timing of that.

I walked outside to Stiles’s jeep while Scott stayed behind and locked the door. Stiles got out of the jeep and walked over to the passenger side and pulled the seat down to were I could get into the backseat easier. I tossed my bag inside and started to climb inside, aware of the fact that my ass was probably in close proximity to Stiles, who was still holding the seat down. Next thing I knew, I felt Stiles smack my ass. My mouth dropped open as I sat down in the backseat. My cheeks were burning red as I sat in shock at his action.

“Hey dude.” Scott said as he walked up, unaware of what just happened seconds earlier.

Stiles leaned the seat back to its normal position and turned to Scott with a cocky smile on his face.

They did their bro hug thing and both got in the jeep.

“You might want to close your mouth, you’ll swallow a bug.” Stiles said, sarcastically.

I glared at the back of his head while Scott looked between us.

“What exactly did I miss?”

Stiles erupted into laughter while I continued to glare at him.

“You two are so weird.” Scott said while turning around in his seat.

A few minutes later, we pulled into the school parking lot. All three of us got out of the jeep and slowly started walking into the school. I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw what I had been dreading all weekend.

A silver Porsche. With Jackson leaning against it looking straight at me.

“Crap..” I whispered under my breath.

Scott and Stiles looked at me then followed my gaze over to Jackson.

“C’mon let’s go. Forget about him.” Scott said as he grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the school.

I hated to admit it but even after what happened with Jackson, he still looked really sexy. I mentally slapped myself for thinking about him like that. I felt a sigh of relief when we made it inside the school without having to talk to him. Even though I was going to have to break- up with him today anyways.