Chapter 48

Lucy P.O.V.

"So, what's up with your dad calling all of a sudden?' Stiles asked me as his father signed his release forms.

"I don't know, he just gave me some half-ass excuse as to why he hasn't been in my life. I wasn't really into talking to him though. I'm pretty sure that Scott is going to meet up with him."

"Are you going to?" Stiles raised an eyebrow. I grabbed the handles to his wheelchair and started pushing him around the room, "No way."

"Good. He has hurt you too much for you to just accept a phone apology. He really needs to try."  He smiled as he looked up at me. 

"Okay kids, I have to get back to work. Can you handle him, Lucy?" Stiles' dad asked me.  "Oh yeah, no problem. We'll be fine."  I reassured him.

"Okay,well, I had a deputy bring his jeep here, so Lucy can drive you home son." 

"C'mon Dad! I'm not paralyzed, I'm fine to drive." Stiles pleaded. "She drives, or you are stuck here." He handed me the keys and walked to his patrol car. 

--

"No, no that's the wrong gear!" Stiles yelled from the passenger seat. "Dude, i have no idea how to drive a stick shift. Give me a break." 

"Obviously." He mumbled.  I shot a glare at his way and he threw his hands up in surrender. 

"Can you please call Scott to come save us from the horror that is your driving?" Stiles pleaded while messing with the radio.

"You can do it yourself."  I said while pulling onto the side of the road. "I already did. Like 5 minutes ago."

I rolled my eyes and turned the engine off. I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to face Stiles who was  inspecting his bruises in the mirror.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him. "I'm alright."

"Can I ask you something?" I looked down at my hands and back up at him. He nodded and I continued, "Why aren't you mad at me? I mean it's pretty much my fault you got beaten up. I would understand if you didn't want to be with me. Drama seems to follow me everywhere I go."

"When you love someone, you tend to look past their flaws. I'm never going to be able to let you go." He looked me dead in the eyes. 

I grabbed his face and kissed him as my response. "I'll never leave you."

--

"Could you seriously not drive this thing, Luc?" Scott huffed at me as he got out of his car.

"Well considering my brother never taught me how, no. Certainly did not have a dad around to, either." I retorted.

"Did you call Dad back?" Scott asked. "I don't want to talk about it right now." I said.

"Who's driving your car back?" Stiles yelled from the passenger seat of his jeep.

"Um. Isaac is. I'm sorry man, I couldn't just leave it here." Scott rubbed the back of his neck.

"Whatever let's just go." I said. Isaac exited Scott's car and travelled to the driver's side, never breaking eye contact with me. 

"Can we leave now?" Stiles said irritably.

As we drove down the road, I noticed Stiles' eyes would flicker from each mirror watching Isaac follow us home. My phone buzzed from my jeans pocket.

Stiles: Did he say anything to you?

I looked at him and shook my head no. My phone buzzed again. 

I don't want him around you.

I locked my phone again and stared out of the window at the passing scenery.

-----------------------------------------------------------

So, it's been a bit. 2 years. I've changed alot since the last time I updated. I cannot apologize enough if my writing doesn't live up to your standards anymore. I just want to finish off this book for you guys. If you're still with me after all this time, thank you. I don't actually rememeber all that happened here so i'm trying my best to match everything up.