Chapter 63: We Rock

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 63: We Rock

Come as you are, you're a superstar

The world's in your pocket and you know it

You can feel that beat, running through your feet

Heart's racing fast, you're rock and rollin'

All that you need is the music to take you

To some other place where you know you belong.

“Everyone to the gym please,” the principal said over the loudspeaker.

“I wonder what that’s about,” I stood up with Maria and walked out with the rest of the students.

She smiled, “Oh I don’t know.”

“Mar, that’s not the face of someone who doesn’t know.”

“Okay, I might know.”

“Maria… Wait, where’s Dylan?”

“Oh don’t worry he’s meeting us there.”

“What?! Today?! Now?! He’s asking me in front of the whole school?!”

“Come on!” She pulled me into the gym.

            Sure enough, there was Dylan standing next to David in the middle of the gym. He had a microphone in his hand and David was setting up a projector. I sat down in the front row next to Anastasia and Maria.

“What’s happening?” I asked them. “Oh my God. I’m gonna pass out. I am going to have a panic attack.”

Anastasia laughed, “Kayla, chill! You’ll love it!”

“Does everyone know?”

Maria nodded, “Everyone but you.”

“Ugh!”

“Alright everyone,” Dylan quieted everyone down. “I want to have everyone’s attention. As you all know, prom is coming up. It’s our last dance in high school and it just so happens to be the night before graduation. I promised my girlfriend I would make this year’s prom special because we couldn’t make it to the last one. We’ve been through a lot together, my girlfriend and I, and I think more people should take a look at what it’s been like for us.”

            David pressed a few buttons on the laptop in front of the projector and a video started. Oh my God. He turned our story into a video. That’s why he needed David’s help. He put our love story into a video. I felt tears slide down my face and Maria put her arm around me.  Dylan spoke throughout many parts of the video. Us laughing, playing games in my arcade room, having a food fight in my kitchen, and dancing around backstage before one of my concerts. It is the most beautiful video I have ever seen. He even put one of my songs about him in the background of the video. Now everybody in school knows our love story. He didn’t leave anything out.

“Kayla Dane, you are the greatest person I have ever met. I am proud to call you my best friend and my girlfriend. Will you go to prom with me?”