Chapter 46: What To Do

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love Is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go For the Gift of a Friend

Note: Sorry for the late update. It's been a bad, complicated day, but here it is! Let me know what you think! A LOT of excitement to come. :) 

Chapter 46: What To Do

You could be anything

But you don't know what to believe in

You got the world before you

If I could only show you

But you don't know what to do.

I showed up to the principal’s office after school to talk to her. Maria, Dylan, and Anastasia were waiting in the hall waiting to see what the answer was going to be. I sat down in the chair while she finished a few things on the computer. Finally she turned away from the computer and faced me.

“So you have news?” she asked.

I nodded, “I’m sure you’ve noticed some of the new students and I’m worried. Have they started any bullying yet?”

“Nothing major,” she shook her head, “So far it’s only been arguments, nothing physical.”

“The LovatoIsLouder group met and we want to throw a few events for the school to keep us all united before the bullying starts getting physical again.”

“What makes you think it will get physical?”

“Because they told Dylan they would. They think we’ve messed up the order of things; the way high school is supposed to be. They miss the way this school was a year ago and they want to change it back.”

“I think you’re overestimating their power in this school,” the principal told me, “Sure they could start bullying again, but this school now has a zero tolerance policy about bullying. The second they do something they’re expelled.”

“But they don’t care about the rules. I don’t want anybody else to get bullied and I don’t want to wait for them to bullying someone before taking action against it. I’ve worked too hard to get rid of the bullies already. I feel like it’s my responsibilities.”

“I understand what you mean. I assume you have ideas?”

I nodded, “We want to have a dance. We’re going to take pictures of everyone in school, write compliments about them next to the picture, and then laminate them. These pictures will be hung from the ceiling in the gym where everyone can walk around to and find their own picture. Obviously we’ll need chaperones to monitor that these pictures are not messed with, but at the end of the dance everyone can take their own picture home. It’s a nice way to have fun, let loose, and feel good about yourself all at the same time.”

She smiled, “I like that idea.”

“We have a few others too.”

“Go ahead, I want to hear them.”

“Demi thought it would be nice to have an end of the semester carnival. We’ve never done anything like that before and it would be a great way to celebrate the end of the semester and the beginning of break.”