Book Kayla Helped Get Published - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: ????????

Special Chapter: Marina's Story

We got word from Edward's family that he was returning home. I jumped for joy with his family. We drove together to the bus station that day to meet him, but we were surrounded by gloom faces. The man in charge approached us with a letter. Edward's father took the letter and read it. He sunk to the ground with his wife. Could it be? Was my Edward really dead?

"What's going on?" I asked, "Where's Edward?"

They couldn't speak. They only passed me the letter and I read it. It was the names of people currently missing. There was a terrible explosion and no bodies were found. No one came out of it. I put my hand over my mouth in horror. We were supposed to be married. He promised me he would return to me safely. How could this happen? I was supposed to live happily ever after with him. He was the love of my life. I got back into the car with them while they dropped me off at home. I was greeted by my parents only to break down in front of them. I couldn't be touched. I raced to my room, slamming the door behind me and collapsing onto the bed. My Edward was dead. He wasn't coming back.

The next day when my head was clearer, I took out my stationary and began to write...to Edward. He was missing, not dead. They assumed he was dead, but I needed to write to him even if he never received it. He needed to know how I felt. I took out my pencil and began writing the longest letter I've ever written him. I poured my heart out to him like many times before except I was heartbroken; heartbroken that he left me and heartbroken that he couldn't fulfill his promise anymore. Folding the letter, I put it in an envelope and addressed it before adding a stamp and walking down the street to put it in the mail.

Edward's funeral was held days later at the local church. The church he was so loyal to, and was only absent while at war. Everyone had much to say, especially the pastor who had known him his whole life. I was too scared to talk. I sat there in my long black dress, with a black veil over my face to hide the tears that were flowing. I walked in front with his parents to the cemetery to bury an empty coffin; a coffin that would always be empty. No evidence that he actually died, not even his tags. I watched it slowly lower into the ground and cried, clinging to my father for support. I fell apart, broken. His mother sat down with me and we both cried. We were the last ones there. Everyone left before us. I just couldn't let go of him. I was never going to find anyone out there like Edward. It just wasn't possible.

I walked back to my house alone. I couldn't give up. I couldn't let him go. As soon as I got home, I sat down at my desk and got out my stationary again. He was going to find it. He was going to come home. I didn't care how long I had to write to him, I needed him back.  

My parents were getting worried. They expected me to get married. It's what people around my age did. I'm not that old, I'm in my twenties, but it's what everyone expected. I was the prettiest in the town, or so everyone said. I was one of the last of the daughters in the area to be married. I didn't care, I wanted Edward back.

I spent every afternoon in my bedroom or in town writing on my stationery. I wrote to Edward about how much I missed him and wanted him back. How I hoped he would come back and not be missing forever. That's how my year went. I spent a year writing to him. Everyone thought I had lost it, that I was going crazy. They all knew he was never coming back, but I didn't. I couldn't. On the anniversary of his funeral, I decided to let go. I put on the dress I haven't worn since his funeral and walked to the cemetery. There were already flowers there. His parents had already been there earlier that day. I sat down in front of the gravestone, staring at his picture. It was true wasn't it? He was gone and never coming back. I buried my face in my hands and cried. I was so lost.