Chapter 2: In Real Life - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 2: In Real Life

I walked out the doors of the school, bag in hand, avoiding all eye contact and pulling out the pieces of paper which were now stuck in my hair. I knew it was a mistake to grow my hair out. Not only were there pieces of paper in my hair from classes, but there was also crumbs and food stuck in my hair from lunch. I grabbed a brush from my bag and started brushing my hair before getting back to my car. I threw my bag in the passenger seat and I closed the door before walking over to my side and driving away. School had become such a bore. I don’t know why I try anymore. Completely pathetic to think when I’m only in the 10th grade. I wish I had graduated already. Then I wouldn’t have to deal with those pathetic losers I call my classmates. I pulled in the driveway and ran up to my room with no sign of my mom anywhere. This would usually be the time where I would go into the bathroom but I pulled out my phone and turned on the Unbroken album I just bought earlier and hit play. It had a cool beat and sounded like the other music that I listened to. Everyone expected me to listen to heavy metal but that was the only type of music that WASN'T on my phone or mp3. I plugged my phone into my stereo and turned the volume up. I put my bag on my desk, started putting all my books on my desk, and threw my bag on the floor.

I walked in the bathroom and slowly closed and locked the door behind me, Skyscraper now blaring in the background. I took my hoodie off and put the a towel on my lap before taking out the razor. I slowly lowered it to my wrist, tears already forming, but I hesitated. No, I told myself, I’m pathetic I have to do this. I let the razor rest against my skin, but I hesitated again. I lowered down to the floor and put my head against the wall. I never hesitate. Why would I hesitate? I sat back and listened to the lyrics coming from my stereo:

Would it make you, feel better to watch me while I bleed?

All my windows, still are broken

But I'm standing on my feet

You can take everything I have

You can break everything I am

 Like I'm made of glass

Like I"m made of paper

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper

With tears streaming down my face, I dropped the razor onto the tile floor. I couldn't do it. My guilt finally got the best of me and I couldn't cut myself. The regret doesn’t come until after I cut so I don’t know why it’s happening now. I tried to flashback to all the bad stuff that they said to me today, but Demi's lyrics were playing through my head. I should have just turned my stereo off before I came in here. I’m so stupid. I sat on the bathroom floor for over a half an hour just letting Demi's music sink in. I finally put the razor back in my pocket and put my hoodie back on. I walked out of the bathroom and her song Unbroken was playing. I pulled out my laptop and sat on my bed.

The first thing I did was go on Google and type in Demi Lovato. I saw multiple reviews for her album, and I read all of them. I even found articles talking about her treatment. I stopped at the first one and clicked on it. My eyes got big as I realized why I couldn't cut earlier. Demi went to treatment for cutting, an eating disorder, and bipolar disorder. She was in treatment for months before coming out. She even left her hit Disney show and started writing. Why was this happening to me? This was who I was?! I was supposed to be the disappointment child and David was supposed to be the successful one, but my gut feeling told me to search further. That same feeling that kept telling how bad it was to starve myself and continuously cut my wrists. It has never been this strong before, until now. I’ve never had enough control to listen to that voice before. Suddenly I do.

I searched longer and found her twitter page and some articles she wrote for seventeen magazine. I read everything, word for word, not missing a thing. She was trying to help girls like me. Now it makes sense why she’s coming to my school; she’s on a mission to help stop bullying. I scoffed; she’s in for a big surprise when she realizes it’s impossible.

"Kayla!" I heard my mom yell.

"Room!" I yelled back still reading the article. My eyes were glued to the screen when my mom came in.

"Kayla, dinner's ready," she said.

"Whatever," I mumbled.

"Kayla!" she yelled back.

"Fine, I’m coming," I replied.

"Now!" she said.

I jumped off my bed leaving my laptop open and bumped past my mom and headed down the stairs towards the kitchen. I don't know why she still continues to make dinner for everybody. We all know dad's not going to come out. By now he's probably already had a couple six packs of beer down, and I’m not going to eat her food anyway. I walked down to the kitchen and was relieved when she didn’t follow me. I made up a plate of the lasagna she made, but immediately cut into it and threw half of it away. This way, when she comes downstairs, it will look like I actually ate something. I sat at the table with a fork in my hand waiting for mom to return. It took a few minutes, but I heard her come down the stairs and acted like I was eating. She started walking in the kitchen and I immediately stood up and threw the rest of the lasagna away. Fooled her again.

THE END CHAPTER 2 EDITED!!!

feedback??

please vote and comment!! Let me know what you think about the edited version! :)