Chapter 11: Gonna Get Caught - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 11: Gonna Get Caught

"Kayla, I had a very good reason," David said.

"Good then you'll be happy to explain it to mom and dad...with Alicia," I said.

"We can't just walk in there with Alicia," he said.

"Why not? Alicia just showed up at the cemetery and started talking to me," I said, "Demi can you drive me home?"

"Kayla no," David kept saying.

I didn't listen and neither did Demi, "let's go" she said as we walked out the door. As soon as the door of her hotel room was closed, we ran for it. We knew David would try to beat us there. Instead of taking the elevator we took the stairs, knowing David would use them to beat us. We ran out the hotel doors and Demi's bodyguards already had the car ready. We quickly got in the car and he drove off to my house. While we were pulling out of the parking lot I saw David run out the hotel doors. He was pissed. Five minutes later we pulled into my driveway and I ran out the doors. Demi followed as I swung the door open searching for mom and dad.

"Mom!! Dad!!" I kept yelling.

Pretty soon they both came out of the study wondering what was going on.

"I need to tell you something," I said, "Sit down."

"Kayla what is it?" my mom asked.

"You have to believe me," I said, "Demi knows it's true too."

"Yes," Demi agreed.

"What's true?" My dad asked.

"Alicia is alive. Before you say anything, I was in the cemetery visiting her grave and I turned around and she was there...and I'm not seeing things! She told me that David and her faked her death. I ran to Demi's house and David showed up and admitted it too! I wanted to get here to tell you before he did because he doesn't want you to know," I told them.

"She's.....alive?" my mom struggled out.

"Kayla," my dad began.

"Please believe her," Demi interrupted, "I heard it with my own ears. David said they had to fake her death. Him and Alicia have been hiding it from all of you. Kayla yelled at him and then ran here."

"She's alive?" my dad asked.

"Yes," I said, "I didn't know what to do, but you had to know! You deserve to know. He asked me to keep it a secret, but how can I hide that from you?!"

"It's okay girls," my dad said, "Sit down with us."

Demi and I both looked at each other before sitting on the couch next to my dad. My mom was sitting in the chair next to us. I was already in tears, and none of us knew what to say. We just sat there. I was pretty sure my dad was trying to think of what to say to David when he got here. Minutes later, David walked in...with Alicia right behind him. We all stood up to face them and my dad was the first one to talk.