Chapter 48: Fire Starter

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 48: Fire Starter

There's an "S" under my clothes

On my chest where nobody else can see

I light up when the doors are closed

I am free, yeah

And I wish I could make my move

I can tell that you're really into me

And I don't got a thing to lose, in my dreams, in my dreams

I'm a bad ass, jumping off the moving train

I'm a Jane Bond, putting all the guys to shame

I'm a wild card, and I'm gonna steal your game

You better watch out

I'm a fire starter.

“Kayla Dane got herself into trouble again,” someone on the TV spoke. “It seems an angry fight broke out in her house and that’s why she moved out. Is it right for someone who’s almost 17 to be living on her own? What are her parents thinking? We’ll be taking some calls after this.”

I shook my head and put my hands into my hair.

“Calm down,” David told me.

“Do you understand what’s happening?! Zack and Damen leaked this to the media on purpose. This is all part of their plan to make me look like I’m out of control!”

“But you’re not,” Demi stood up and stepped in front of me.

“But I am living on my own! That part is true!”

“Who cares?” David asked. “Who cares if that part is true? Just speak up! Go to an interview, talk about your music, and let them know that you’re living on your own because you wanted to.”

“David is right,” Demi told me. “If they can speak up against you then you can certainly speak up and stand up for yourself.”

“But this is just going to keep happening! The second I clear up this rumor they are going to start another one.”

“And you’ll clear that one up too. Don’t give up.”

I sighed, “Fine.”

The commercials were over and they started taking some calls on that show.

“I think Kayla is trying to grow up too fast,” one lady said. “I would never allow my teenage daughter to live on her own whether she was famous or not.”

“I agree,” another guy interrupted. “She needs to be with her family.”

I picked up my phone and called into the show.

“We have someone on the line now,” the host said, “Who is this?”

“This is Kayla Dane,” I replied.

“Oh! Kayla is on the line! What do you think about this? Do you have any comment about the fight?”

“There was no fight,” I answered. “I happen to have a great relationship with my family.”