Chapter 55: Give Your Heart a Break

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 55: Give Your Heart A Break

Today is the day. Today is my year anniversary with Dylan. We have gone to five schools so far, all of them being in different states involving hours of riding in a vehicle. We stayed supplies with snacks and we each had our computers that we used to watch movies. The group just finished talking to a school yesterday so I made sure our managers kept today free, giving Dylan and I all day to celebrate our anniversary.

“Has he told you anything yet?” Maria walked into the living room area of the hotel we were staying at.

I shook my head, “It’s sweet though.”

“A year is a pretty big deal I wonder what he’s planning,” she replied.

“I’ve been wondering too. I still can’t believe we’ve been together for a year.”

Maria nodded, “Time flies doesn’t it?”

“Definitely,” I nodded back. “It feels like just yesterday I was getting to know all of you. Now we’re best friends.”

Demi walked in and tossed us a couple of apples.

“And these are for?” I questioned.

“So I went with David to the market right? Turns out there was a farmer’s market going on and I LOVE getting fresh fruit and vegetables so I bought everybody some apples, bananas, oranges, and a variety of vegetables I am making tonight for dinner.”

I laughed and shook my head, “I wish I could join you for the dinner, but Dylan and I have plans.”

“Oh I know,” she smirked.

“He told you didn’t he?”

She nodded.

“Then why won’t he tell me?”

“Oh trust me, he has his reasons. You are going to love it though! I’ll save you some dinner. You two can have it tomorrow.”

I groaned, “You’re lucky I love you.”

“I love you too. You couldn’t get it out of me if you tried.”

“I figured,” I bit into the apple, “I’ll just eat the apple.”

“Good girl,” she laughed, “What are you two doing?”

We both shrugged.

“Not much,” Maria admitted. “Any ideas?”

“How long until your performance?” Demi asked me.

I looked at the clock, “I have to be there in an hour.”

“Did you and your manager decide on the next single?”

“It’s the last song I wrote for the album,” I nodded, “It’s called Change.”

“I like that one!” Maria exclaimed.

“Me too,” I nodded, “It has a good beat and a good meaning behind it. I figured it would be the perfect second single. I thought about a couple others and my manager wanted Stand Up. I think I want that to be my third single though.”