Chapter 18: U Got Nothin' On Me - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 18: U Got Nothin’ On Me

"Kayla I'm so glad you're okay!" David said hugging me again. "I was so worried we had lost you."

"I just realized something,g" I told him, "I was so stupid."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I was so stupid to try and kill myself before. I'm so young and I have so much to live for. I don't even know why I tried in the first place," I said. “I can’t believe it took me until now to realize it, but I was so depressed and so sick.”

"Because you let them get to you," David said, "but you're different now."

"And we are so glad you're alive," my mom added in, with tears in her eyes.

"I am too," I said, "I really am. Maybe I needed this to happen. Otherwise I never would have realized how precious life really is. I never understood it before. I wanted to, but I didn't. I love you all so much."

"Sometimes people don't believe something just by hearing it," my dad said, "a lot of times they need to experience it for themselves, otherwise they will never know."

"Yeah… that's exactly what it was," I said, "Wait where's Demi? Is she here? I didn’t mean to worry all of you so much."

"It's okay," David said, "Calm down; she's waiting in the hall. She was giving us time to talk to you."

"Can I talk to her now?" I asked.

"Of course," David smiled, "We'll go get something to eat and come back."

"Okay," I said, "thanks and make sure it’s something really good."

"No problem sis," David chuckled. “I’ll make sure it’s something really good.”

David and my parents walked out together and I waited for Demi to come in. I could have ended up in the hospital a dozen times if I never stopped cutting. When I used to cut I made sure it didn’t go too deep because I didn’t want to get caught. I didn’t want to end up in the hospital, I just wanted the pain to go away, but I could have gone too deep. One cut too deep and I could have been in here for that. I just didn’t think anybody would show up to see if I’m okay. Now I know that they will; a lot of people will show up. I’m a lot more loved than I ever realized. I saw Demi walk in the room and she had tears in her eyes. She really cares too.

-Demi's View-

I was scared to walk in Kayla's room. She has become my best friend, and I love her like a sister. It hasn’t been that long, but their family is so incredible. They all have their own problems, but they will come together for each other when they really need it. It’s beautiful. David called me freaking out, crying hysterically and I knew something terrible had happened to Kayla. He never cries like that. When I walked in the room Kayla was already looking at me, trying to smile. She looked really pale, sickly pale. Worse than when I had first met her. I had tears in my eyes. I went to her bedside and hugged her which only made me cry harder.

"You don't have to cry," she said.

She was unbelievable, always trying to make other people feel better. I guess that’s what a lot of people probably think of me too. Neither one of us puts enough time into ourselves sometimes because we’re too busy worrying about our loved ones.

"I don't have to cry? You're in the hospital for being stabbed!" I said.

"But I'm still here," she said, "and I'm glad you're here too because I realized something I really need to share with you."

"Go ahead," I said, "I'm just glad you're alive."

-Kayla's View-

I told her all about my new realization and it made her really happy. I tried to get her to stop crying, but she kept saying it was only because she was so happy. I’m not just one of her lovatics anymore. I’ll always be a lovatic, but now we are so much more than that. Now we are best friends and we’re here supporting each other through all of our hard times. I know she’ll always be here by my hospital bed whenever I need her and she knows I’d show up for her if she was in here too.

"You look horrible," she said joking around.

"I probably do. I don't even want to know what I look like. Hospitals always make people look horrible," I said.

"They make everyone look horrible, I agree," Demi said, "Trust me, it's not just you. So you're going to the assembly Friday?"

"Definitely," I told her, "but you can't tell anyone else. It has to be a surprise, so the bullies can get the full emotional effect."

"That's the point of this?" she said, "Just so they can get the full emotional effect?"

"Of course," I said, "they stabbed me, it's payback!"

Demi just started laughing, "This is why I love you."

I laughed along with her, "I'm in such a good place now. I love it. I can't let them get to me now."

"Good point," she said. “I’m really proud of you.”

I started to say something when the door opened again. Dylan walked in with a bag in his hands. He was smiling at me. Demi hugged me one more time and left to find David. Dylan sat down in the chair and handed me the bag.

"What's this?" I asked.

"The doctor said you haven't been eating. I figured it was probably because their food sucks," he said.

"It does," I laughed, "so what did you bring? It’s gotta be better than whatever David just went to find me."

"Only the best," he paused, "McDonalds."

"McDonalds?" I laughed.

"Hey, don't laugh. It was the safest bet, everyone like McDonalds," he said.

"Fair enough," I said, "because I'm hungry. Screw waiting for David."

Dylan took the food out of the bag and set it on my tray. I raised my bed up and started to eat. I never thought I would actually be happy to eat food. A death experience really does change your entire look at things. Before this, I was struggling day by day. Every night I ate and didn't cut was a success, but that wasn't the case anymore. I know now how precious life is and how lucky I am to be alive. It's not a struggle anymore, I'm cured. Not 100 percent cured, I know, but it’s a huge step. I know I’m going to have my setbacks and I know that most days cutting and skipping a meal will still come into my mind, but every day that something like that happens I can remind myself of what happened today. Suddenly, it won’t seem to matter anymore. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt Dylan hold my free hand. I looked over at him and he was smiling at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said, "I'm just glad you're alive."

I smiled back at him, "Me too. I’m hearing that a lot today."

He chuckled, “You probably are. It’s because you’re so loved by everyone.”

Loved.

THE END CHAPTER 18!!!

feedback??

remember to vote and comment!! :)