Chapter 4: Together - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now <-- this book ;)

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 4: Together

---Kayla’s Point of View---

I woke up the next morning to a bunch of banging on my door.

"What do you want?!" I yelled, but they just kept banging. I slid out of my bed, still wearing my clothes from yesterday and walked to the door.  My stereo was still blaring Demi's album, this time her song Together was playing:

If we all could get along

Then we all could sing this song together

I laughed at the irony of my life, and unlocked the door only to find my brother standing there. He hasn't visited us in over a year, mostly in part to his big career.

"Finally have enough time for us?" I asked.

"Kayla, we need to talk to you," David said.

"About what?" I asked, "I have school."

"Not today," he said, "You're staying here."

"You can't make that decision," I shot back at him.

"Mom and Dad are waiting in the living room,"  he said.

"I don't know what this is, but I don't like it," I said, "See ya."

I tried to shut my door, but David put his foot in the way.

"What's your problem?!" I yelled.

"You Kayla!" he yelled back, "You need help!"

"I don't know what mom told you, but she's a liar!" I yelled.

"I don't think so," he said picking me up off the ground. He put me over his shoulders, making me yell even more.

"Put me down!"

"No, this has to end," he said.

He carried me down to the living room and put me down in a chair. As soon as I tried to get up he handcuffed my arm to the chair, followed by the second arm and my feet.

"You planned this," I said looking around and seeing both my parents sitting down with David looking at me, "You really had to buy four pair of handcuffs for this? It’s kind of pathetic if you ask me."

"Apparently we did," my mom said.

"Well I don't have a problem," I said.

"Don't be an idiot," David said, "Just listen."

"No you listen!" I said, "You can't just barge in here after a year and take charge!"

"Oh really," he said getting up off the couch and pulling the sleeves to my hoodie up. I heard my mom and my dad gasp. David walked over to the other side of the chair and pulled up the sleeve to that arm too. My arms were covered in cuts, all bruised; the most recent, from last night, sticking out more than the rest, well now my secret is out. How do I get out of this?

"I didn't want to believe mom," David said in tears, "But it's true."

"Why do you care?" I asked, "It’s not like you've been here. Why would it matter what your pathetic sister does?"

"Kayla, you're not pathetic," he said, "How could you say?"

"Because it's true David!" I yelled, "I'm the disappointment child. There’s no way I can live up to the expectations they have!"

"We don't expect you to," my mom said.

"Yes you do!" I yelled, "Everyone does! You, dad, and the principal everyone who knows compares me to him!"

"Stop!" I heard my dad yell and everyone went silent.

David sat back down and dad walked over to me. He looked down at my scars for a long time before getting the courage to speak. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, figures... Of course, the first time I’ve seen him in weeks and he's drunk...or hung over...whatever...

"We have to stick together as a family. Kayla, you have a problem. No more sarcastic remarks. Just answer the questions," he said.

"Fine," I said. My dad’s not someone you normally argue against.

"Good, how often do you cut?" he asked.

"Every day when I get home from school and before I go to bed," I said, looking straight at him.

"When was the last time you ate?" he asked.

I looked over and saw David was already confused. Apparently mom and dad forgot to mention this one to him. I stayed silent.

"Kayla, when was the last time you ate?!" he repeated.

"Fine," I said, "A couple days ago, mom was yelling at me to eat so I took a couple bites of an apple. She wouldn't let me leave if I didn't."

"You're anorexic?" David asked.

I looked over at him and saw the pain in his eyes.

"How long has this been happening?" he asked.

"They've been calling me fat for years," I said not leaving David's eyes. Mom and dad kept looking at both of us and they slowly left the room without us noticing.

"Kayla, this is my entire fault," David said, "I should have been here for you. I had no idea you were going through all this."

"Would it have mattered?" I asked. I still hadn't noticed mom and dad left. I was still obeying dad's rule of answering honestly.

"Yes," he said, "I love you. You're my sister. You can't do this to yourself."

I looked around to avoid his eye contact anymore and finally realized we were alone. David got off the couch and sat on his knees in front of me.

"I'm going to help you," he said, "You're my sister, and you need me."

"Truth," I said.

"Yes."

"I know it's wrong," I finally admitted, "But I can't stop. I try so hard, but up until now what they say to me just keeps repeating in my head & I can't stop myself."

"Up until now?" he asked.

"Yes," I said, "My history teacher said Demi Lovato is coming to our school. I downloaded her album."

"It helped?" he asked.

"Can you unlock me?' I asked, "I need to show you something."

"Of course," he said, unlocking the handcuffs, "Just promise me one thing?"

"What?" I asked.

"No more hiding things from me," he said, "We're in this.....together."

"I promise," I said smiling slightly.

Maybe I have someone to talk to after all.

THE END CHAPTER 5!!

feedback??

remember to vote and comment!

so what do you think of these edited chapters so far? anyone reading them?