Chapter 29: Mistake - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: ?????

Chapter 29: Mistake

I was so scared. So nervous. My body went cold. My biological father. The one I haven't seen in years. The one no one knew about.

"What's wrong?" Dylan asked.

"I...I...um..that's.." I couldn't get it out. I didn't know how to explain it.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"My father," I finally said.

"What's so scary about that?" he asked, completely confused.

"Not the one I live with," I said, "my biological father."

"Wait," he said, "I didn't realize there was two."

"No one does," I said, "it's not something I like to talk about. Nobody usually questions mine and my brother’s different names."

"You have to answer that door sometime," he said.

"I don't want to," I said starting to tear up. All the memories were coming back. I couldn't handle it.

"Why not?" he asked, "Want me to answer the door?"

"No," I said, "I'll answer it."

I walked to the door and threw the door open, only looking at him. Benjamin Dane. My biological father.

"Mom, what's he doing here?" I asked.

"Kayla, I'll explain that later, but this is about you," my mom said.

"I don't think so," I said, "all I did was hide my boyfriend from you. You show up here with my FATHER! The only who hasn't seen me in years and somehow you think we should talk about me!"

"Kayla calm down!" she said.

"NO! I don't need to calm down!" I yelled, "He needs to tell me why he's here!"

"Kayla, I know it's been a long time, but allow me to explain. Let's go back to your house and we can all talk together. Please?" he asked.

"Why should I do what you say?" I asked, "I've never even gotten a birthday card from you."

"Kayla, please, just listen to him," my mom said.

"Fine," I said, "but Dylan's coming too."

"This isn't his business," mom said, "It's family business."

"I need him there!" I said, "You know why?"

Mom looked at me for a second before realizing why I wanted him there. She could tell how stressed and hurt I was. I was on the edge and my brain was going everywhere. I’m not sure I can handle something like this happening.

"Okay, he can come with," she finally agreed.

"What?" Ben said, "Why did you just agree to that?"

"Because you don't understand," my mom said, "you have no idea what's been happening with us. He comes with us."

"Fine, let's just go," he said walking back to the car.

"He hasn't changed has he?" I asked mom.