Chapter 52: In Case

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 52: In Case

I know

One day eventually

Yeah, I know

One day I'll have to let it all go

But I keep it just in case

Yeah, I keep it just in case.

“Happy Birthday!” Maria ran to me at my locker and hugged me.

“Thanks,” I laughed and hugged Anastasia next.

“What are you doing?”

“I don’t know actually. Dylan has it all planned.”

“Is it gonna be big?”

“He told me he would surprise me because I couldn’t make up my mind so who knows.”

“How does it feel to be 17?” Anastasia asked.

“Well it’s one year closer to 18,” I chuckled. “By the way, you two did hear the plan right? You weren’t at the meeting so I wasn’t sure.”

“Yeah we had a meeting with my parents about jobs,” Maria said, “Sorry we couldn’t make it.”

“What did they say?”

“Well I already have a job,” Anastasia said, “But they’re having a hard time paying the bills with me staying there so I need to help out.”

“And since I already have a summer job I had to agree to help out around the house instead.”

I nodded in understanding, “Sounds fair. What did you think of the plan? Could you handle it?”

“If I could get that weekend off,” Anastasia said, “because it sounds great but I usually work on weekends.”

“That’s okay.”

“I’ll help when I can though.”

“Good,” I smiled, “Maria?”

She nodded, “I totally can. It sounds like fun and a great chance at helping a lot of schools.”

“Great! We start by going through the school requests this weekend. The principal is calling the schools to get more details and she’s going to pass the messages onto us and we’ll decide who to see first. My manager is going to help by creating a schedule with us after we’ve decided where to go first.”

Maria nodded, “Sounds like a plan. Just let me know where to be and when.”

“I will,” I closed my locker, “I’ll go find Dylan and meet you in class.”

“Okay, happy birthday!”

I waved and walked down a different hall to find Dylan. I put my hands over his eyes while he was trying to open his locker, “Guess who?”

“Is it the birthday girl?” he smiled.

I took my hands off his face, “Yup!”

He hugged me, “Happy birthday.”