Chapter 12: Me Myself and Time - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was a Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 12: Me Myself and Time

Alicia didn't know what to say. I did know that much about her. We sat there staring at each other as tears started to form in her eyes.

"If you're not going to say anything can we at least go down to eat?" I said.

"I didn't know it was that bad," Alicia said.

"What?" I asked.

"I didn't know it was that bad," she repeated, "David said that things have been bad and he moved back for a while. When I asked how they were bad he said you weren't doing good. He told me he was trying to convince you not to kill yourself. We argued...for days about whether I should come back or not. I wanted to Kayla, SO BAD, but David said it would be bad for your recovery. He said it would ruin everything. Kayla I couldn't stay away. I got in my car and drove here. I called David after I was already here."

"How did you know where to find me if David didn't want you to know?" I asked her.

"I guessed. The cemetery was actually the second place I checked. When you ran away, I called David and told him how upset you were," she said.

"What did he say?" I said.

"He yelled at me. Told me I shouldn't have come," she said, "then he hung up on me to go look for you. Kay, this family came together because of you. I know me and David were closer as kids & you felt left out, but it's not like that now. We didn't even talk that much while I was gone, he was mad at me."

"But he still helped," I said, "Why would he do that?"

"Truth?" she said.

"Yes."

"He agreed with you guys. I didn't. The only way I was going to get away from those horrible people is if they thought I was dead," she said.

"But why did we have to believe it?" I asked.

"Because you wouldn't have lied for me," she said, "You would have tried, but they would have known it wasn't true. They have their ways of finding things out. Kay I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you or anyone else. I just had to get out of here. Haven't you ever felt that way?"

Before all this happened, I would have easily answered yes. Not only that, I would have asked to run away with her. I was looking at her now, disgusted. All I wanted was an apology and I got it, but what about my sister? She wasn't here anymore; I have no idea who she is.

"What did you expect in coming here?" I asked, "For forgiveness? For things to go back to the way they were before? Because that's not gonna happen."

"I came to help my sister, who was in trouble," she said.

"I don't need your help. I have all the people I need."

"Like Demi?" she said, "Come on Kay I'm always going to be your sister."

"No," I said, "Demi has been there for me more than you have my entire life. She's knows what I've been through and she's been helping me. She's more my sister than you are."

"I know you're probably not going to forgive me, but at least let me try and help. I couldn't stand being away while you were suffering," she said.