Chapter 21: Trainwreck - Edited

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Chapter 21: Trainwreck

We all just stood there staring at the gun in Zane's hand. We were frozen. I held onto Dylan's hand tight not knowing how to respond. Nobody was looking at him and I saw Dylan slowly pull out his phone. He dialed 911. The principal looked over at us and Dylan tilted his phone so she could see. She slowly nodded and started talking to Zane. It all happened so fast nobody had time to react.

"Zane, please. Put the gun down. You don't want to hurt anybody at this school, especially your sister," the principal said.

"Shut up!!" he yelled at her. "You don't know anything!"

"You can't just shoot her," I said, "she didn't do anything."

"You don't get to talk!" he yelled at me, "and you all need to leave!"

The nurse started to move, but Zane yelled back,  "No. Kayla stays. So does my sister."

"I don't think so," Dylan said.

"Who the hell are you?" Zane asked, "Leave with everyone else."

"No," Dylan replied. I don’t think Zane realized that nobody took any initiative in actually leaving. Everyone is still too scared to move an inch.

"Leave!" he yelled.

"That's not gonna happen," Dylan said, "You don't even remember me do you?"

"You're the mystery guy," he said, "I don't need to remember you."

I had no idea Dylan was going to reveal himself. I don't think he had it planned; none of this was planned. He took his hoodie off first and then his sunglasses. I heard everybody in the room gasp, and Zane's eyes got really big.

"N-no. No," Zane stuttered, "it can't be. You moved away!"

"No," Dylan said, "you only thought I did."

"You stayed for her didn't you?" Zane asked, "Even after I picked on you about it, you still stayed for her."

"Of course I did," he replied, "now Zane, you don't have to do this. It isn't right. I know your family has their problems, but you can't shoot your sister. You can't shoot anyone here."

"Why not?" Zane asked.

He actually seemed to be calming down. I had no idea just how good of friend Zane and Dylan had been. I saw them around school last year once and while, but I didn't know they were close. It seemed weird, but Dylan was starting to get to him.

"Because it's not going to solve anything; I've been telling you for years: you need to get help. Go see someone or talk to someone. There are people out there who can help you," Dylan said.

"No there's not!" Zane yelled, "I wish there was, but there isn't."

"Just try," Dylan said, "for me, your best friend. Please, just try. I know you thought I left, but I've been here the whole time."

"Try?" Zane asked, curiously.

"Yes," Dylan said, "just try."

Zane looked around at everyone in the room. He looked like he was deciding whether to put the gun down or not. He started to lower it, but then raised it again....this time at me. My eyes got really big and so did Dylan's.

"You did this to me," Zane said, "you're the reason this all started!  It's your fault!"

"Zane, N-"

Before Dylan could finish what he was saying, the trigger was pulled. Dylan stepped in front of me, but at the same time the trigger was being pulled Anastasia dove and knocked down Zane. It only lasted a few seconds, but it seemed like a lifetime. Dylan and the nurses were pulling me out of the way and none of us knew where the bullet was. I yelled at them to stop pushing me and we all looked around. The police ran inside and arrested the bullies. When the bullies were cleared out of the room we all looked around and noticed only one person still on the floor. I screamed and stood up, attempting to run towards her. Dylan immediately grabbed me and pulled me back. I couldn't stop crying. Maria was laying on the ground with blood pouring out of her side. Maria took the bullet for me.

THE END CHAPTER 21!!

feedback?

remember to vote and comment :)