Chapter Ten - Swings and Kisses

*This chapter is dedicated to my brillant editor, and best friend, Riva! Thanks again for being you!*

   We were in Colton's truck, on our way to the park. Everything was perfect at the moment aside from feeling guilty about lying.

   "So how am I even going to play baseball with my broken arm?" I asked.

   "I almost forgot. You haven't been wearing your sling. Why'd you take it off?" he said, concerned.

   "It's uncomfortable and I see no use for it," I explained.

   "Krissy, that's not good. You need to be wearing it so you'll heal properly. Do you have it with you?" he asked.

   "Yeah but I don't want to put it on," I whined.

   "Please, Baby Girl," he pleaded.

   I shook my head.

   "Fine," he said and stopped at a red light.

   I smirked in victory.

   When the light turned green and the cars a head of us turned, Colton didn't. Car horns honked at us from behind.

   "Go, Colton," I panicked.

   "Not until you promise to put your sling back on," he said.

   "No," I stated.

   He shrugged and leaned back in his seat with his arms behind his head. Car horns were sounding from behind us. They grew louder and people started yelling out windows but Colton didn't seem to care.

    "Okay!"

   "Promise?"

   "Yes, yes I promise. Just drive!" I insisted.

    The car jerked forward and made the turn. I sighed in relief that we didn't get hit or beaten.

    It was to my surprise when we pulled into a McDonalds' drive thru.

    "What are we doing here?" I asked.

    "You said you wanted a picnic," he reminded.

    "Yeah but I meant real food," I said.

    He laughed. "And what would you call this?"

    "Junk," I explained.

    "Well junk it is then. Unless you packed any food?" he suggested.

    I sighed. "I forgot. Nothing says romantic picnic like fast food!"

    He laughed and continued to order.

                -§-

    Once we pulled into the park, Colton came around the side of the truck and opened the door for me. When I was about to hop out, he put his hand out to stop me.

    "Where's the sling?" he ordered.

    I sighed and pulled out my black sling from my tote back. He took it from me and helped me put it on properly, strapping it around my waist and across my shoulder.

    Then he helped me down from the truck. He handed me the McDonalds bags to hold while he went back to the trunk, pulling out a baseball bat, glove, helmet and ball.

    "And so our day begins!" he smiled and kissed the top of my head.

    First, we decided to eat. We found empty bleachers and sprawled across it together. With only one hand I could use, Colton had to feed me. Well I could have managed but I liked it when he fed me.