Chapter Four - Packing Up

Brunch couldn't have been anymore painful. The whole time Colton kept sending little flirty texts to me, texting under the table. Then I got in crap from my dad for texting at the table! That really amused Colton.

    When we got home, it didn't get any better. Once we pulled into the driveway, I saw Alison's car pull in behind us. She and Colton hoped out of the car, following dad and I inside.

   "What are they doing here?" I snapped at dad. I wanted time to talk to him privately about all this. I wasn't sure if I should confess about Colton.

   "Oh, uh...that's the thing I forgot to tell you. We're moving in with Alison," he confessed.

   "What!? Since when?" I demanded.

   "Look, she has a home closer to the school and she does have a rather large house with extra space. You'll like it," he encouraged.

   "That doesn't explain why their here," I reminded.

   "Colton will help you pack and move the heavy stuff in your room and Alison is going to help sort and pack as well," he explained.

    "I would've thought we would have time to move like a week. Not today," I whined.

   "I told you it was going to be a busy day. We'll move over basics to stay over at the other house tonight and what we couldn't move today we'll take care of tomorrow," dad explained.

   I groaned and stomped up to my room to get started.

   "Krissy!" dad called. "Take Colton with you."

   I looked at the bottom of the stairs to find Colton chasing up after me. Clearly dad thought this was good 'bonding time'.

   "Someone's not too happy about the new arrangements," Colton observed.

   I just glared at him, rudely. He up his hands up in defense.

   "Hey, join the club," he said.

   "Oh please, your not moving," I said, annoyed.

   "True, but I'm stuck with someone who is," he 'complained'.

   I pulled out a suitcase and started packing up all my clothes from my closet. I glanced over to Colton who was sitting on my bed, watching me in amusement.

   "If your not going to be any help, you can just leave," I suggested.

   "Fine," he said and walked over to my dresser.

   He opened a drawer that to my luck was the drawer I kept my bras and panties in. He snooped through the drawer, before I could stop him, and picked out a bra with matching panties.

   "These go in the 'yes' pile," he teased and winked at me.

   I grabbed them from him and shoved him out of the way.

   "I was just trying to be helpful," he defended, putting his hands up.

   "Yeah well your help is needed towards the walls on the other side of the room. Go carefully take down my posters," I instructed.

   "Whatever you want, Baby Girl," he said, walking over to my wall of posters of Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Chace Crawford, etc.

   "Oh while your at it, you can stop calling me that," I ordered.

   "As you wish, Baby Girl," he smirked.

   I rolled my eyes and moved my attention back to packing my clothes. I stopped when I herd a terrible ripping noise. I looked across the room. Colton was tearing my favorite Josh Hutcherson poster in half.

   "What the hell are you doing!?" I yelled viciously.

   "You told me to take them down," he said, innocently.

   "I said CAREFULLY!" I yelled.

   "Well trust me, he looks better like this. Plus I don't like their eyes all looking at you," he explained.

   "Are you saying your jealous of a poster? That was my favorite!" I said, shocked.

   "Baby Girl, I'm jealous of any guy that stares at you for more than five seconds, paper or not," he said.

   I sighed and sent him off to move some of my larger furniture out while I took down my own posters and finished up my packing.