Chapter Twenty - Birthday Crasher

The week had gone by slowly. Daniel hadn't bothered me about Colton but he was always still concerned. But finally my birthday was here. I was turning seventeen. I had finally caught up to Colton's age.

   I loved having my birthday. Call me conceded, but I liked having a day where it was all about me for a change. And having Colton here for this one just made it even better!

    To start off my perfect day, Colton had arranged a sweet, classic, breakfast in bed. I was surprised to see he actually made it all himself. My favorite cinnamon toast with bacon and some slightly burnt eggs, but besides the eggs, it was all perfect!

    “Happy birthday, Baby Girl,” Colton smiled, kissing my forehead as I ate my food.

    “Thank you, Lover Boy. This is so sweet. Your just perfect,” I said honestly.

    I was so lucky to have this boy I couldn't explain it. I wouldn't ever want him to leave. I knew I was falling for him but he use to be a player, I couldn't tell him that. It would drive him away from me.

    “So are you, Baby Girl,” he smiled.

    My heart melted as always. He always knew exactly what to say to make my day.

    “Are you ready for your gifts?” he asked excitedly. There was a glint in his eyes.

    “You didn't have to get me anything, Colton. Really I'm just glad I have you now,” I said honestly.

    “I know you are. But I really wanted to get you something special,” he said.

    I smiled at how sweet he was and nodded, getting up and out of bed, not bothering to get dressed.

    I followed him downstairs where everyone was waiting in the living room.

    “Happy Birthday, Krissy!” they all said at once.

    Oh god! This was thoughtful but I really hated surprises.

    I spotted Alison, Dad, Daniel, Rhi and Brent all gathered around a pile of presents.

    Were those all for me!? I've only ever gotten two presents on my birthday before. One from my mom and one from my dad. And when my mom died, it was one from Rhi and the other from dad.

    Suddenly the pile of presents made up for the surprise that I hated. All was forgiven for!

    “Thanks guys,” I said honestly.

    I was so lucky to have so many more people in my life.

    “Here, Krissy. Open this one first,” my Dad said, handing me a a blue box with a green bow on top.

    I took it from him. The tag on it read: For Krissy. Hope you like it! Love Dad and Alison. I could tell Alison had written it, due to the neat handwriting, unlike my dad's.

    I smiled knowingly and tore at the paper. I loved unwrapping presents, it was always fun tearing the paper into shreds.

    Under the wrapping paper was a small, white, rectangular box. I opened it, curiously. I had no idea what to expect. In the box, layed an iPhone4.

    “No way! An iPhone!?” I shrieked. I had wanted one ever since Rhi gotten hers on the first day it'd been released. I had always envied her phone because mine was a crappy slide.

    “Yay! Now we're matching,” Rhi laughed, holding up her phone.

    I was so focused on the iPhone, I forgot to look at the envelope that had come with it. It had my name on it. I cut it open and slid out a $300 gift card to the outlet mall not far from here.