Chapter Eighteen - Bad Dreams

After dinner, all I could do was worry about spending the night without Colton. I haven't had bad dreams since just after my mom died. But whenever I spent the night somewhere other than my real home they would enter my dreams. I think it's because when I'm not in the house I grew up in with my mother, then I felt abandoned all over again by her.

    Daniel wanted to watch a movie, wanting to spend more time with me. I agreed to watch with him, not only to spend time with him but to avoid having to go to bed.

    Colton agreed to watch as well. But Dad and Alison said they were done for the night and headed up to bed early.

    “How about this one?” Daniel asked, choosing a DVD and showing me the case.

    “The Ring?” I groaned.

    “Yeah why not?” he asked, looking excited, “I haven't seen this one yet but I've heard good things.”

    “You know I hate horror,” I whined, “They scare me!”

    “I'm in!” Colton said immediately after me.

    “Are you trying to keep me up all night?” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

    “Sorry, Kris, majority rules,” Daniel laughed, putting the disk in the player.

    There were only two Lazy Boy chairs to sit on in front of the television so I let them both take one and I sat down in front of Colon on the floor.

    When the movie stared I kept having to cover my eyes away from the screen. I couldn't stand the suspense.

    Whenever someone screamed of jumped out in the screen, I would jump almost a mile in the air.

    I started to relax more when I felt Colton start to play with my hair. He reached down and took my hand in his, keeping our interlaced hands out of Daniel's view. He massaged small circles on the back of my hand with his thumb, distracting me from the film playing in front of me.

    “Aw, man! Did you see that Krissy!? That's some scary shit,” Daniel laughed, pointing at the television.

    “Huh? Err, yeah,” I stuttered, snapping back into reality.

    “Were you even watching?” Daniel asked, sounding annoyed.

    “Yeah I was just out of it, sorry,” I mumbled.

    Colton chuckled lightly above and I could practically feel the smirk spread on his lips.

    Once the movie was over I was scared shitless. I had payed attention to the end of the movie, because it was hard to miss

    I sat on the floor with Colton behind me still but I didn't move. I was frozen in place, I could barely blink.

    “Now that was a good movie,” Daniel said, smiling at us.

    “Meh, I've seen better,” Colton shrugged.

    “You weren't even watching were you?” I chocked out.

    “Not at all,” he whispered seductively in my ear.

    I managed a small smile but I didn't budge from my spot.

    “Okay we should probably get to bed,” Daniel said awkwardly.

    Colton nodded.

    “My mom set up an air mattress for you in my room,” Colton explained to Daniel.