Chapter Five - Stop That!

By the end of the day, all that was left in my room was my bed, built in shelves, hooks on the walls and an old table that I no longer had use for. Colton had taken all heavy furniture in his truck, to his house, one by one.

    I walked out of my room with all my luggage. Four suitcases and a box of extra stuff. I took as much as I could down the stairs at once, but still struggled. Just as I was about to trip down the stairs all the weight was taken off the luggage.

    I looked behind the pile I was carrying to see Colton supporting me. He took it from me and set it down at the bottom of the stairs.

    "Thanks," I muttered, "You might not be a total jerk after all."

    "No problem, Baby Girl. That's real touching," he said holding a hand to his heart in fake happiness.

    "Good to know," I mumbled.

    Even though our conversation was going no where, we were interrupted by my dad.

    "Colton. You wouldn't mind taking Krissy back to your place, would you?" dad asked.

    "Not at all, Tom," Colton smiled.

    Dad nodded in thanks and headed back to the kitchen. I turned to Colton.

    "Tom? Not Mr. Evans? What, you two are on first name basis now?" I asked.

    "Well you call my mom Alison," he pointed out.

    "True. Well let's go, I'm tired," I insisted.

    He raised an eye brow at my suggesting comment.

    "That's not what I meant," I growled.

    He chuckled and guided me out the door. It was dark out already and I had to hold on to the back of Colton's shirt so he could lead me to the truck. He didn't seem to notice. Well he didn't make a teasing comment about it at least.

    We found our way to the car and soon we were pulling out of the driveway. Being alone again in this truck with Colton reminded me of the last night. When I hadn't known Colton was going to be my step brother. When I wanted to kiss him. I didn't know what to do now.

    After a rather silent car ride, we arrived at my new house. Dad was right, it was huge. Maybe this wasn't so bad. I hope I got a big room.

    "Like it?" Colton asked.

    "Uh, yeah!" I answered.

    He chuckled and directed my through the dark towards the house. He pulled out his keys and quickly unlocked the door. Even the hallway looked perfect. Everything looked like a museum or art gallery where I felt like I couldn't touch anything. Colton lead me upstairs and opened a door.

    "This is your room, Baby Girl," he informed me.

    I walked into a huge room. It could fit my kitchen and lounge together with this space! Thankfully there was a large size bed already made up. I was really tired but, call me five years old, I was itching to jump on it!

    "I'm just next door," he winked and pointed down the hall.

    "Okay that has to stop," I demanded.

    "What?" he smirked.

    "That! The...flirting!" I said.

    "Don't act like you don't like it," he teased.

    "I"m serious Colton, your going to be my step brother," I pointed out.

    "I guess that means we'll have up be a little more careful," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. "I'll be back with your stuff."

    Then he left down the stairs, leaving me wondering. What am I to do about all this? I had no clue.