Chapter One - The Party

Music filled loudly in my ears and my heart thumped loudly in my chest every time the bass played a beat. This was my first party. And so far I hated the experience. Yes, I was a good girl. My friend Rhiannon had convinced me to come and celebrate for the end of the school year. But at this point, I would rather be in school.

     "Here, drink this," Rhi insisted, handing me a red solo cup.

     I took it from her and looked at the dark liquid suspiciously.

     "What is it?" I asked, unsure.

     "Pepsi," she chirped innocently.

     My dry lips and mouth gave in to my thirst so I took a big gulp. I started to choke back on it as I gave her a glare.

     "That's not Pepsi," I coughed.

     She just smirked and shrugged. Whatever. It's one night and I'm already here I thought. I took a smaller sip this time.

     "Who are they?" I asked Rhi, pointing to a group of guys. I had recognized most of the people here from school but there were still a handful I hadn't seen before.

     "I think they're from Kentberg High," she explained.

     "You mean there are people here from different schools?" I asked, shocked.

     "Of course! It's the end of the year for everyone," she informed.

     I just shrugged and continued to gulp down my 'Pepsi'.

                     ~§~

     Later into the night- and several 'Pepsi's' later- I was so drunk. I was literally tripping over anything that was in my way and I felt so upbeat. I had never been so giddy around other people. I said and did whatever the hell I wanted. No more Miss. Shy girl!

     Rhiannon and I were heading to the kitchen for refills when somebody shouted, "TRUTH OR DARE IN THE LOUNGE!"

     The sober Kirssy wouldn't play for a million dollars. But I wasn't sober Krissy right now. I didn't hesitate. I grabbed Rhi's hand and we darted for the lounge.

     In the lounge, a bunch of teenagers were sprawled on the floor in a circle. I found an opening and joined in with Rhi by my side.

     I didn't know most of the people in the circle, which helped in my case, except for Ashley, Gina and Alley. And of course, Loraine, it was her party. I didn't recognize any of the guys.

     "Okay, Kyle, you go first. Truth or dare?" Loraine asked.

     "Dare," they boy, Kyle, picked.

                    ~§~

     Truth and dare died down after everyone ran out of dares. No one ever picked truth.

     "I know! Let's play seven minutes in heaven," Ashley said with a wink.

     "I'm in!"

     "Me too!" everyone agreed.

     Okay, let's see," Ashley looked around the room. "Colton!" she picked, "You start."

     The guy at the back of the room, Colton, looked up. He hadn't talked much I had barely noticed him.

     He didn't reply. He just stared blankly at Ashley.

     A few of the guys encouraged him and patted him on the back, cheering.

     He shrugged. "Why not?" he said in a very husky voice. He took an empty beer bottle from one of the guys and placed it in the center of the circle. Then he gave the bottle a fast flick, sending it spinning.

     It seemed like forever until that bottle slowed down. It was headed in my direction. I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

     What would happen if that bottles landed on me. Would I like it? Panic? Sober Krissy would totally back out but right now I was all up for it! I was mentally wishing that bottle out land on me.

     I guess I got my hopes up when the bottled slowed down, heading towards Rhi. My stomach dropped with excitement.

     Just as the bottled slowed down, Rhi backed up out of the circle and stood behind me. Leaving the bottle pointed on me. I looked back at Rhi and she gave me a wink. I gave her a smile in a thank you.

     I could hear a group of the girls groan and whine. Colton looked across the circle at me.

     "Okay! Colton and...?" Loraine trailed off.

     Of course she didn't know my name.

     "Krissy," Rhi told them, as she helped me up.

     Colton walked over to me and took my hand, leading me upstairs.

     "Seven whole minutes! We're counting!" Loraine said.

     What had I gotten myself into?