Chapter Fifteen - Shooting Range

A couple weeks had gone by. Colton had made sure that I had worn my sling at all times. I wasn't happy about it but it really did help. When my Dad first saw me wearing it, I had told him that I was being my normal, clumbsy self and tripped down the stairs while he was at work and that Colton took me to the hospital.

   Yesterday, I had tried doing things without the sling and I could use and move my arm just fine. So Colton had told me I didn't have to wear it.

   Colton and I had created a games that allowed us to get to know each other better so we were in his room playing it.

   “So your not into sports, eh?” he asked.

   “Nah, not really. Except one,” I said skaking my head from side to side.

   “Yeah? What's that?” he questioned.

   “Archery,” I stated.

   He looked shocked at me.

   “Really? You like archery?” he asked, in disbelief.

   “Why do you find that hard to believe?” I asked, annoyed.

   “Well, it's just that I've seen your baseball skills and that kinda makes me worry about your skills thst would include a weapon,” he said, only half teasingly.

   I crossed my arms angrily and gave him my best death glare.

   “Hey, I'm not judging,” he held up his hands defensivly.

   “That's exactly what your doing,” I rolled my eyes at him.

   “Fine, let's go see what your made of then,” he challenged.

   “What do you mean? I don't own any equiptment,” I explained.

   “I know, but there is a shooting range for archery not far from here,” he told me.

   “Shut up! Really!?” I asked excidetly. If he was joking, I was going to kill him.

   “Yup, wanna go?” he said, smiling happily at my excitment.

   “Uh, Yeah!” I said, jumping off his bed and running out the door.

   I ran to my room and changed quickly out of my pajamas into track pants, a green tank top and my favorite, ankel high black leather boots. This was my usual archery out fit.

   I also grabbed my arm guard that I had bought so that I wouldn't hurt my arms when I shot an arrow.

   See, my Dad sent me off so a few sumer camps as a kid and the only thing that go my through the days there was the archery. I was one of the best archers in the camps. I even got a couple of bullseyes on my very first try. When I stopped going to summer camps, I started to look for other places near by where I could shoot. I even tried to buy my own equiptment but my Dad refused to let my buy something 'too dangerous'.

   Colton appeared in my doorway all ready. He looked me over as I pulled my hair back into a high bun.

   “All ready?” he asked.

   “All ready,” I confirmed.

   I shoved some extra money into my back pocket and grabbed Colton by the arm, pulling him excitedly along with me.

   “You won't need that, Baby Girl,” he said, slapping my ass where my money was.

   “Why not?” I asked, confused. Was it free or something.

   “Because I'm buying you a memebership,” he explained.

   “What? No, Colton I can buy my own,” I insisted.